24.2.08

YBR once again

Well now this one is not a WISP anymore. I machine quilted it, not perfect but all right. On the back I decided to use fabric that I don´t like from my stash, that is a very good way of using the ugly fabric. This is the first quilt for me to use while I watch the TV or read, as I have said before almost all the quilts I have done have been for gifts. I am not a fast sewer like my friend Kristie, that woman does have energy, go and take a look at her blog she is such a great quilter. By the way she gave me the pattern for this quilt.







23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty Gudrun, lovely to snuggle under while reading a good book.

Marita said...

the quilt looks great,but I wouldn't call the fabrics on the back for ugly. But I agree with you, it is a great way of reducing the stash. I have done so myself and it is quite satisfying.

Gina said...

It's turned out a really nice quilt

love and hugs xxx

Luísa Silva said...

Very nice quilt and the backing is lovely as well as the pieced binding.

Andrea said...

I am not a great machine quilter either Gudrun - done is good enough for me. This looks perfect for snuggling up under - good job.

Lynette Anderson said...

Great colours in that quilt.

Carole said...

Very nice Guðrún! What a great way of using the fabric you no longer like! It really turned out nice! Thank you for sharing!

atet said...

It's lovely. I even like the back :0).

Kim said...

Finally. A quilt of your own! Good for you! I like the backing fabrics pieced together as you did yours. Your quilt looks pretty laying there in the sparkling snow.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Just lovely, and the back it a great idea....how you have taken the photo is very good...

Anne Ida said...

This is a wonderful quilt, Guðrún! It looks perfect for snuggling under on a chilly evening! Congratulations on a finish! And work well done! Hugs...

~Bren~ said...

How wonderful to have a quilt for yourself...I took forever making myself one too. Yours is beautiful.

Libby said...

I love the picture out in the snow - and the backing is such fun. Great job!

LAPPEQURI said...

Very nice quilt
Have a nice quilting weekend from Norway:-)

sewkalico said...

Wow! Your quilt looks great. AND Wow! I can't believe there is so much snow on the ground. No wonder you need a quilt to snuggle under :O)

corry said...

A beautiful warm quilt, I love the back with the different pieces of fabric!

Jeanne said...

Another wonderful quilt, Gudrun. I love the back, too, even if you put your 'uglies' there. *S* I think we all know someone who seems to whip up projects faster than we can think of them. I'd like to know their secret.

annemariesquilt said...

Congratulation on your quilt finish..
It is beatiful and looks very nice.I am sure you still have cold days so you can use it right on!
Stay happy with new quilt project in sight.

owlquilter said...

Your quilt are nite, like the idea windowframe.
Thanks for yesterday - shame I missed your show&tell, hopefully I have the changes later
Sandra in Reykjavík

Mary Ann said...

Gudrun, I love your YBR!!! It's so beautiful...displayed so lovely on the snow!! I have one in the works, as well, but in flannel checked fabric. Thanks for the inspiration!!! Mary Ann in DK

annemariesquilt said...

I wish you a happy easter holliday. I will be away for a while so I will not be able to comment or post.....

Annie said...

That's a great idea to use old ones from your stash for the back. I have heaps that I just don't like anymore. Thanks for the tip and you've done a lovely job.

Kristie said...

I love how it turned out! I think that is a great idea with the backing. I will have to try that myself. I still don't have mine quilted!!!
Kristie