22.2.08

My Western Star

Rose Marie and I did a mini swap once again, can you see what she sent me...



...this Western Star, it is beautiful. The reason for putting it in my bathroom is that a few years (read many years) ago I took this window frame which is from my father´s garage in my old home town and decided that I would make a little quilt to hang in the middle of it. Well I haven´t yet made the quilt to put in it so when I opened the envelope from Rose Marie I thought YES it is made for the window frame and the green colors match the bathroom exactly. Can you believe it!!! This window frame (old and ugly) means a lot to me and I am so happy to have this quilt. Click on the picture to enlarge it and see all the details in it, beautiful work. (Just to let you know I told Rose Marie where I was going to put the quilt and she is not offended)

She did not only send me the quilt but also a magazine with a beautiful quilt on the front and of course I am dying to make it *LOL* She also made a tutorial for me to show me how she appliques and I am going to give it a try.




I am happy, happy, happy :)

29 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Love the look and the quilt looks good in the frame ...... what an unique idea for displaying the quilt! It is eerie how the colours suit the decor and the size is perfect - almost as if someone told me to make it as is for you!

sewkalico said...

That's wonderful. Amazing that it fits where you'd like it to - makes it more special....

annemariesquilt said...

What a beatuful quilt you recived as a gift, you are realy lucky.
The windowframe is just beatutiful to and suites the quilt very well.
Be happy in quiltingland!!

Elaine Adair said...

Not only is the quilt beautiful, but framing it brings it UP several notches, and having it in a frame that means something to YOU, brings it up several more notches. What a lovely gift.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Beautiful quilt, and what a fabulous way of displaying it...a nice combination, friend and family...

Wendy said...

I love old window frames and that quilt Rose Marie made looks fantastic in the middle. Swaps are so much fun.

~Bren~ said...

GORGEOUS!! I love it! I also loved the quitl you sent to her. Both beautiful heart felt gifts.

Chookyblue...... said...

looks great especially framed.........you are very lucky to receive this.......

Carole said...

It's lovely! And the window frame is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Kristie said...

Lucky You!!! I love it!!
Kristie

Anonymous said...

I love your old window frame, and I don't think it's at all ugly. Now that quilt is just gorgeous, lucky you.

Karrin Hurd said...

I love the quilt and the frame!

Laila said...

What a beautifull quilt and a great idea ! The frame are so lovely. Have a great weekend.

Kim said...

This is completely perfect set within that window frame! Was "made for you", meant for that spot. Wonderful work Rose Marie! Guorun, how very very special for you.

Libby said...

Aren't you glad you waited? The quilt is perfect and saving the window frame is a wonderful idea - makes it very special *s*

Ali Honey said...

That looks so artistic! Well done both of you. You couldn't have displayed her lovely quilt in a better way. Enjoy!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh the quilt is gorgeous! And it looks so perfect in the window frame! I love that window frame! How perfect that they go together so well!

corry said...

The quilt looks beautiful in the frame! What a wonderful swap this was for both of you!

Lynette Anderson said...

I love the window frame and that little quilt suits it so well, thank you for showing it to us.

Janet said...

Gudrun: That is just lovely. Rose marie does such beautiful work!!! I too display art in my bathroom - I currently have an original Nova Scotia Folk Art painting with a decorated frame hanging on a partition made out of a 19th century tongue and groove door - looks great and not out of place at all!
Congratulations to you and Rose marie both for your creativity.
Janet

Luísa Silva said...

So beautiful the frame! It matches perfectly with the quilt.

May Britt said...

WOW...it's beautiful. And a great idea to frame it like this.

hetty said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the way you have framed it!

Jenni said...

It looks great Gudren, even has its own spotlight!

Marit Johanne said...

The quilt you got is beautiful and it fits perfect in the frame!

Anne Ida said...

What a treasure! Both the window frame and the little quilt! They look great together!

May Kristin said...

You really put the beautiful quilt in a perfect place! Good luck with your appliqué, I am sure you will manage very well!

Unknown said...

this is a beautiful blog, how nice in blogging that we meet people near and far, and especially Iceland is a long long way from where I am, we are in total opposite in weather, but would love to go there some day too. thanks for sharing :)

meggie said...

I love that little quilt in that precious frame!!