ONE YEAR OF BLOGGING

I had been reading blogs for one or two months and admiring all the quilts I saw and the friendship I experienced by reading the comments and the blogs. I really wanted to be a part of this world and began by commenting at May Britt´s blog and she really encouraged me to start my own blog so I took the plunge and haven´t regretted it a minute. I feel I have accomplished more the last year than ever before. It is like being a part of a big quilting guild. I have got to know so many wonderful new friends, especially YOU. 
To celebrate this BIG milestone I am going to draw a winner on the 17th of June. To participate you have to tell me TWO (2) things you knew about Iceland BEFORE you began reading my blog, if you are from Iceland (and I dare you lurkers from Iceland to comment) you only have to tell me from where in Iceland you are and if you are a regular reader!

To celebrate this BIG milestone I am going to draw a winner on the 17th of June. To participate you have to tell me TWO (2) things you knew about Iceland BEFORE you began reading my blog, if you are from Iceland (and I dare you lurkers from Iceland to comment) you only have to tell me from where in Iceland you are and if you are a regular reader!

55 comments:
Congratulations Gudrun, I'm so glad you decided to start blogging. Two things I knew about Iceland before you blogged, umm nothing, and zero. Does that count?
Happy Blogoversary Gudrun!!!!
Hmmm, I know ALOT about Iceland NOW, but before your blog...I knew it was cold and North...it is North isn't it??? Oh and I also knew your days and nights were long depending on the time of year. I could write an essay on it now, thanks to your willingness to help me and kids in our studies. SO glad to have "met" you!!!!
Congratulations on your bloggiversary. I'm sure glad that you started a blog - I have enjoyed your friendship and I've learned a lot. I am almost embarrassed to say that the only thing I knew about Iceland before I began reading your blog were: It's very cold and the capital city is Reykjavik.
Congrats on your blog birthday.......I have been here for the whole lot and enjoy your blog........I knew the capital Reykjavik and that it was cold but maybe you should ask what we know now about Iceland as now I know heaps........all thanks to you.......
I'm so glad to be part of the same "Quilting Guild," as YOU!
I knew that Reykjavik was your capital city and that it was a very northern - hence cold country but that like New Zealand it had lots of hot water Springs ( and volcanos and earthquakes ).So quite a few things in common with my country! Since you started blogging we are all learning lots more. Thanks and Happy 1 Blogday!
I knew that you have a lot of thermally heated water and that you often heat houses with it. I also knew that at least three different people who travel a lot said Iceland was the best place they had ever visited. I also knew it was a place I want to go to but so far no luck.
Congratulations!!! I really enjoy your blog and the friendship that we have. Even though you are thousands of miles away from me, you are one of my closest internet friends!
hmmmmm....the two things that I knew about Iceland before your blog.....You all have the COOLEST ICELANDIC HORSES!!! As you know I am a horse lover and have a few of my own, but I just love those Icelandic horses, now if I could just find a way to ship one of those things over here to Kentucky!!! :) Oh and I also know that it is cooooooold there. And I must say I really enjoyed your posts during the Holiday season about the Santas! That was great entertainment for my children as I read it to them everyday!
Kristie
appy Blogiversary. Two things I know about Iceland. Reykjavik is the capital and they have held many international summits there.Oh, one more thing, it is many times confused with Greenland.
Congrats on one year of blogging. I love your blog and enjoy reading about Iceland. I am sorry to say that the only thing that I knew about Iceland was that it was very cold.
Congratulations on one year, Gudrun. You're right, blogging is like belonging to one big quilt guild! Before your blog I knew that Iceland had a lot of geothermal activity and that it was cold there. Thanks for sharing so much about your country over the past year.
Congratulations on your anniversary.Love your blog. Two things I knew about Iceland that I don't think you've mentioned is that the state church is Lutheran and that the singer Björk is from Iceland!!
Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos of Iceland and the geography and history lessons. We need to know more about other countries. It is so neat to find quilters in other countries making the same kind of quilts as we are doing in the US.
Happy 1 year blog birthday.
Things i knew about Iceland before reading your blog:
1. Beautiful country
2. Considered part of "Scandinavia"
3. Have wonderful sheep/yarn that makes into lovely sweaters.
4. Well educated and resourceful people.
Congratulations! :D
Hmm.. two things I knew about Iceland before I discovered your blog (through my mom, actually).. well, I knew about the hot springs - and about those tiles/stones with tiny steps on them, so that the "underjordiske" can climb up and down from the below. :) Oh, and I know the icelandic word for bathroom and how to ask what time it is (thanks to two young boys on the plane last summer). ;)
Congratulations !!!! I read your blog since a long time but I couldn't write comments.
What I knew about Iceland ?? That I really LOVE to visit !! It always has been my dream !! Love the views, the different colours in different moment of the year. I'd like to see geyser (could we see them ?), to know more about your cultures. I read 2 novels but I don't remember the authors. I'd like to know as well the Saga Grundtvig wrote (I think he wrote it). And Björk of course ;) So much things I would like to know but that I can discover with you. Just thank you.
Congratulations Gudrun from Ulla in Sweden
1.I knew how to say fo example the "d" in icelandic,I have studied fornisländska on the University of Umeå.Haldor Laxness,the famous novelist
2.I know Njals saga
3.The singer Björk
4.The lovely yarn and sweaters
5.A famous designer who got the design price...Frida....??
6.Reyjavik
.......
7.Harpa a nice designer of knitted things ,felted and with embroideries.
Have a nice summer
Ulla in the north of Sweden
Happy blogiversary. I'm so happy I "forced" you into bloland.Love visiting your blog.
Icland is one place I've wanted to visit for a long time. I want to see the geysirs, take a bath in the Blue lagoon, see Thingvollir aso. I know I'm coming to icland in 2012 when the nordic quiltfestival is on icland.
Gratulerer:-)
Ja det jeg vet er jo islandshester (som naboen har) geirsir og flott natur.
Ønsker deg en flott weekend:-))
Hurray - well done. Years ago I had a friend from Iceland and I knew that mens names end with son and ladies with dottir ( son and daughter ) Am I right ? I also knew you have long dark nights. I love your blog and think you are a great person.xx
I'm so pleased you blog! So congratulations and keep on blogging!!!! I knew only one other person from Iceland (and not as well as I know you). When I was younger I used to listen to Björk and I knew she came from Iceland. I knew that you have very long days too, but not that much more... Now of course I know lots about Lazytown and my son wants to go to Reykjavik to bump into Sportacus!!
Congrats, Gudrun! Things I knew about Iceland before reading your blog... That it's gorgeous and mysterious (I visited briefly in 2001) and that Reykjavik is the northernmost world captial! Looking forward to the next year of your blog!
Jæja - búin að kíkja á bloggið. Til hamingju með afmælið (degi of seint) Ekki búin að lesa mikið en það er ekkert smá hvað þú ert að fá góðar og skemmtilegar undirtektir. Þetta er heilt menningarsamfélag út af sig. Sé það er hér ein hestakona, þ.e. Kristie. Það er auðvitað ekkert mál fyrir hana að kaupa íslenskan hest - bentu henni á það. Búin að skoða hestamyndirnar hennar að sjálfsögðu;)
Kv. Úlla.
Sælar!
Happy blogiversary!!! Wow, I can hardly believe it's been a year! I really enjoy your blog, so please keep it up!
Hmmm... What did I know about Iceland before I started reading your blog... How long do you want this comment to be? Heehee! Well, to keep it short I can tell you I truly enjoyed my two visits to Reykjavík (especially my research days at Stofnun Árna Magnússonar - fabulous library!)! And I hope to return for another visit someday, and perhaps I get to meet you :o)
Happy blogging for one year Gudrun.
I knew about iceland from earlier - it sure is cold, specially when the wind is blowing - I have tried it, in february 2002. Also knew of Virka, biggest ? quilt shop in europe
and some very special food. And it stinks rotten eggs (svovel) in the shower.
Happy Blogiversary!!! When you started, didn't you wonder what crazy people would respond? LOL
2 things -- the volcano/lava flows, and that a lot of your energy comes from under the ground! And... some of my ancestors probably invaded Iceland eons ago.
OK - let's see. I knew that the name was very misleading, and that your country was beautiful and green rather than covered in ice. That you should be Greenland and Greenland should be Iceland - at least that's what I remember my teaching saying years and years ago. I also knew the name of your capital city - but of course can't spell it to save my life. Re-something. I can say it - but comments don't have sound LOL!
Oh yes - can't believe I forgot! - Happy Blogoversary!
Iceland:
Geysirs,Snorre Sturlasson(norwegian/icelandic),Vigdis Finnbògadottir,Virka,Iceland's Horse,Bjørk,Sigùr Ros,Heymaeyar,my first love came from Iceland(Halldòr),Glitnir bank,300 000 inhibitants - mostly western norwegian ancestors,fishing/trawling industry is huge - and most icelandic people have two jobs?........would love to visit!!
I knew only that it is cold there and that you get snow.
Connie W
(new blog address)
I'm not from Iceland, but I have been there once - does that count for anything? What did I know about Iceland? Well, I knew the capital is Reykjavik(and that's the place I've been - well, and the airport), I knew there were hot springs (but haven't been to them) - I knew that a cup of coffee was a lot more expensive than i was used to, either in Washington DC (where I was living at the time) or in London (where I was on my way to when I stopped in Iceland).
Happy Blogversary!
Happy blog birthday! Hmmm... 2 things...I know the capital is Reykjavik and that it's cold in the winter!
Thanks you decided to be a blogger.I' ve found you last month, is the first time I write you but I like to visite and read your blog. Congratulations!
Two things from Iceland...hum...cold,ice,north,long nights, long days and of course Bjork!
Congrats on a year...and I'm glad you decided to start blogging too...it's always a pleasure to see what you are working on.
Two things I knew about Iceland before reading your blog...
1. it's greener than in Greenland
2. Sportacus is from Iceland.
TTFN
Hi Gudrun! Congrats on your one-year anniversary!!! I actually know quite a bit about Iceland...have always admired its beautiful natural scenery and would love to visit. The glaciers, volcanoes, hotsprings and endless daylight in summer months are all fascinating to me. My first attempt of knitting a sweater many, many years ago was with Lopi yarn and, of course, Bobby Fisher was given citizenship in your country a few years back. And our Magasin is owned by Icelanders!! Lastly, I also know you're hosting a big quilt festival in 2012 which I plan on attending! Have a wonderful weekend!! Mary Ann in Denmark
HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY, Güdrün ! :>)
What did I know about Iceland before knowing you ? Hmmmm, not so much, actually !
I knew it was a far away, northern, icy, modern country, capital : Reykjavic, and also that your President is a woman, right ?
THANKS for your kindness, and your always interesting posts, with beautiful pictures - quilty or cultural :>)
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE
Hello there Gudrun it is an award for you in my blogg. I realy have to thank you for all your nice comment.
Congratulation on 1 year of blogging, yes it is a great bloggworld to be in. I would realy like to participate in your blogguniversary.
2 things i know about Island: There is almost no trees there thats way lumbers became great for norwegians to trade and sell to Island in the old days. And I know that many norwegians setteled down on Island during the periode of Vikings .I realy hope I am right on this one.
Congratulations with your 1 year blogging!
Some of what I knew about Iceland
was that Norwegian vikings went there! And the geysirs.
Congrats on your one year blogiversary! I've really enjoyed reading you this year, and look forward for more!
What did I know about Iceland before you started blogging? Well, I knew a little... vulcanos, beautiful waterfalls like Gullfoss, heitipottur(?), Vikings,(also from Norway), I could go on, but the best thing is that my late grandmother was from Iceland, from a little farm named Kvilt!
All I knew about it before I began reading your blog, was that it was very cold, & very dark sometimes!
Have loved reading about your adventures, & your projects.
Congratulations, Gudrun! The only things I knew about Iceland before reading your blog: The capitol is Reykjavík and it's cold there. It's a fun geography class reading blogs from around the world. I'm so glad you decided to write a blog. I love seeing your projects and learning about you and your area.
Happy blog birthday to you Gudrun! I have certainly enjoyed your company over the past several months. :)
I knew that Iceland is cold and far far away from Minnesota before I met you, but it seems a bit closer now that you have shared much about Iceland and your traditions with us.
Congratulations on your blog anniversary! I like to visit your blog.
To be honest,I knew quite a lot about Iceland before your blog. I have always been interested in your country and read about the Icelandic saga when I was a teenager.
1. Snorre Sturlason
2. Thingvellir
I guess that's enough?
I knew that Rejkavik is the capital and that you have an author of mysteries called Arnaldur Indridason. (And of course geysirs and sheep and that you were settled from Scandinavia.)
Hi Gudrun,a happy anniversary! Emmmm two things..... no one, yes, I was still to school when Ronald Reagan and Michail Gorbaciov were met to Reykjavík, and it were in that occasion that I discovered really for the first time this beautiful country.
Strange, it is not true? Have a great and happy time :)))
Congratulations on your one year anniversary. I knew that the capital of Iceland was Reykjavik and that the singer Bjork was from there. Also, you sometimes compete in the Eurovision song contest.
Happy blogoversary!
I only start to know your more about your country when I began to red your blog, and the main information I read on a special post yout wrote about Iceland.
One thing I knew before I start to read your blog: your country is very, very, very cold!!!! :)
I forgot a very important thing. You are a modern country and you were the first country in the world to elect democratically a woman for president.
Hmm, 2 things. Should us Americans really show our ignorance? I can say I knew where Iceland was. And I knew Iceland was very green, unlike Greenland which is very Icy! Does that work?!!!!
WOOOOHOOOO! Congrads! Happy bloganniversary! Well, I'll admit, I knew nothing about Iceland until I met you. Since then, I have learned so much.... Like about the various yulelads - Peeping Tom being one of my favourite! lol I learned about a wonderful quilter who became a dear friend. Thanks May Britt for bringing Guðrún out of lurkdom! Cheers!
Wow .... where has the year gone? Congrats and I'm so glad that you took the plunge and started your blog. I knew that Iceland ..... has active volcanoes and is famous for it's wool.
Gratulerer med nasjonal dagenZ;-)
I would love to have you join us at http://justusquilters.blogspot.com/
Just us Quilters! A huge list of all quilter's blogs. Please post a recipricol link if you join us. Hugs! Niki
Wait for me...I hope I'm not too late: What I knew of Iceland, well, I choose the capital, Reykjavik and and the wonderful Islandic horses, I love them!
Hiep, hiep Hoera!!! Congratulations Gudrun! I Love to read your blog, I like the typical culture things you tell us. Keep up the good work!
After all Congratulations Gudrun!
Kind regards,
Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
From the Netherlands
Post a Comment