4.11.08

Last day

I am always doing things the last day possible. My swap partner must think that she will not receive an envelope! But it is on the way to her. It will take at least a week to reach her. It has a long way to travel. This is what I made for her.





I hope she will like it.




This is what I did over the weekend. As I have no apple tree I have to make the apples myself.




I used a pattern from one of my books by Anne Pia Godske Rasmussen. I just love her books as you may know if you are a regular reader of my blog. I intend to do more from her books and use for Christmas gifts.

I also did these two. I only do small things now, it is so much fun to finish.





I was booed by Jeanne



We don´t celebrate Halloween here in Iceland but I enjoy seeing all your quilts and traditions related to this celebration.

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your angel gifts are lovely Gudrun, I'm sure your partner will adore them. Those apples look good enough to eat.

Libby said...

What fun surprises your partner has in store *s* Your apples are just darling. I particularly like those stems! *sweet*

LAPPEQURI said...

Å kjempe fine stitcheri/gaver:-)
Ha ei fin og kreativ uke
Klem

Gina said...

Love the apples

love and hugs gina xxx

Days and colors said...

I'm sure she will love them, they are so pretty! The apples look quite delicious, even when they are made out of fabric! I like all the lovely gifts you got! The book from Pepper Cory is a very good one!

Ali Honey said...

You have been making lovely things! I especially like the wee appples.
Happy stitching and I hope things are looking brighter in your country. Hugs from Ali.

sewkalico said...

Lots of lovely finishes! Gorgeous apples!!! And such a cute sheep too!

~Bren~ said...

I LOVE the apples!!! Your angel gifts are beautiful. The buttons are adorable. I like to have some quick finishes once in a while too. I do not see that in my near future. Right now, a hoop full is a "finish"! LOL

Jossie said...

You did a great job. Your Angel must love these. And the apples look yammie, almost real!

annemariesquilt said...

Ohhhh your swap partner is lucky, you did great work.
I love yor appels too, and yes Godske Rasmussen has lots of great designs.. Take care.

Jeanne said...

Great finishes, as always, Gudrun! Your apples are so cute.

Kim said...

Delicious apples, lol, yes, now you have apples to pick! I like the little flower buttons that you added to your stitchery.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gudrun...wow love all your treats your swap Angel will be just thrilled..

corry said...

What a lovely angel gifts you made for your partner! I also wait till the last day to finish things, maybe we need to feel the pressure to get things done!

Anna S. said...

You have a lot of beautiful things in your blog. Congratulation!

Joyce said...

I am wondering if you could tell me where you purchased the stitchery posted on June 30th, I'd love to buy it. It's the one that says "Good Friends Listens...best friends hear."
Thanks
joycee 2561 at yahoo dot com

Laila said...

Hei. Your gift are soooo great. I'm sure she will love it. The little stitchery with the sheep are great too. You does great work as always. Klem.

Jenny said...

Your swap partner is very lucky-your angel goodies are just lovely:)

trash said...

I'm blog-hopping through Chookyblue's SSCS list to meet all the others in the swap :-)

Myra said...

Your angel gifts are absolutely wonderful, and will indeed be well received I am sure!!! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Vickie E said...

Those are beautiful gifts. I am sure she will love them! I haven't received my swap yet. I haven't heard from my partner yet either so not sure what's up?

Sølvis blog said...

Love your apples and all the details on them

Heleen said...

Love all the lovely things you made! Yes, small projects are fun!

Sandi said...

Oh, lucky me! I am Gudrun's stitcher's angel recipient. Her parcel arrived yesterday - it was such a lovely surprise. The gifts are wonderful. Thankyou so much.
Cheers,
Sandi xx

Rose Marie said...

You do such lovely stitcheries and I am positive your partner will adore what you made for her! Those applies are neat ... I like them all.

May Kristin said...

Such lovely gifts for your Stitching Angels partner! I'm sure she will love them!

Luísa Silva said...

Gudrun, your apples look so tasty!!!
I could eat one of them :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love what you made for your swap partner! She is one lucky lucky girl!

Sarah Nopp said...

Your Last Day cracked me up. I am doing a Christmas Stocking Swap and I have to ship overseas. And it has to arrive by mid December. Has it been posted? NO! Of course not LOL

Berglind said...

I love your apples, very "jólaleg" :)

Annie said...

I finished mine last night.

Simone de Klerk said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog. You make beautiful things!

Carole said...

I'm sure your Angel partner will love your gifts. They are all beautiful! What cute apples! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!

Kristie said...

I'm sure they will be loved! They look wonderful!! You always do such a great job!
KRistie

Annie said...

Those apples look tasty!! I have some small ones coming on my tree this year.

Simone de Klerk said...

Love your little snowmen on your banner! They certainly bring you in the Christmas spirit (O: