First of all I would like to thank Lappequri for this award:

When May Kristin showed the bag she had made for her SSCS partner I told her I wanted to make a bag like that. She decided to do another bag and suggested that we would sew them "together". So we started on Tuesday last week and here you can see mine, go over to May Kristin and have a look at the bag she did:

I am not totally happy how it turned out but now May Kristin has explained to me how it should have been sewn, (I never read the instructions). It was great fun and I would love to repeat something like that again.
As you could read in my last post I ordered a few primitive patterns and I have been asking Libby a lot of questions about primitive quilting. She told me that she would send me some patterns and look:

She is so generous, all these patterns, fabric and chocolate to stay alert as she said :)
These are the fabrics that I have been collecting the last few weeks:

I won´t be able to sew much the next days/weeks as I have a problem with my neck and right arm. I am not allowed to work for a few days and I should not be on the computer either, so reading books and watching TV is what I do now.

When May Kristin showed the bag she had made for her SSCS partner I told her I wanted to make a bag like that. She decided to do another bag and suggested that we would sew them "together". So we started on Tuesday last week and here you can see mine, go over to May Kristin and have a look at the bag she did:
I am not totally happy how it turned out but now May Kristin has explained to me how it should have been sewn, (I never read the instructions). It was great fun and I would love to repeat something like that again.
As you could read in my last post I ordered a few primitive patterns and I have been asking Libby a lot of questions about primitive quilting. She told me that she would send me some patterns and look:
She is so generous, all these patterns, fabric and chocolate to stay alert as she said :)
These are the fabrics that I have been collecting the last few weeks:
I won´t be able to sew much the next days/weeks as I have a problem with my neck and right arm. I am not allowed to work for a few days and I should not be on the computer either, so reading books and watching TV is what I do now.
22 comments:
Great award, I got one too!
You lucky girl, all this lovely patterns in the mail, with all the other yummy stuff!
Your bag look so lovely out in the white snow, perfect background!
Thank you for the "sew along", would love to do it again!
Love the bag
I'm sorry you are hurting. Hope you get better soon.
Love and hugs Gina xxx
Congratulation on the award!
The bag is a pretty one, I love blue!
You got beautiful patterns and the fabrics you have collecting are just right for them! You asked me if I made "Embrace each day", unfortunately not, I have to order it someday!
I hope you will recover soon. Have a nice weekend!
LOVE your bag, but wanted to see a closer picture. That snow is magnificent. Do you know we are in the middle of a HEAT WAVE here. You cooled me down looking at your picture. I just love the design of that bag and am totally enjoying mine.
Congratulations on your award! The bag is lovely! And the patterns are very pretty. I especially like the Quilted friendship.
So now you only get to look at all these beautiful projects and patterns. Hope your neck and arm are better soon!
Enjoy the reading (O:
Make sure you be a good girl and rest properly - lol !
Your bag looks lovely, and look at all that snow. Great fabrics, and how sweet of Libby to send you some mail love.
Yippee! I'm glad the package arrived. It looks like you are getting a very nice fabric collection started . . . . can't wait to see your first pieces once you are feeling well again.
Congrats on the award *s*
I do hope you feel better soon, my dear! You have all those great fabrics and patterns to use, so we need you better soon!!
I love your bag!! Well done :-)
What a lovely bag and lots of patterns to play with when your arm & neck get better...so rest up.
It's not easy to stay away from your projects, but rest that arm and neck.
Your bag is wonderful and those fabrics are right up my alley. Your city was a "Jeopardy" question the other night. I think the answer was 'This capital city is closest to the Artic Circle."
Hi. Great bag. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Hugs :-)
That bag looks lovely! And what a lucky girl you're..recieving all those great patterns!
The bag is very nice. Take care and be a good girl by just looking at the goodies!
Congratulations for this award, you deserve it so much ;>)
I just LOVE that bag and would love to make one for this summer! Could you tell me where I can get the instructions to make it ?
Hope you'll soon feel better, dear friend !
HUGS & smiles,
NADINE
How are you? I know how it feels, so I hope your arm is better.
Your bag is lovely; nice to have "online sewing".
I look forward to see the results of the patterns and fabrics.
Have a nice weekend!
Hope you are feeling better. Those plaid fabrics are great. Look forward to seeing what you make with them.
Christine
Cute bag! I don't read instructions either! lol So sorry to read that you are having problems with your right arm and neck! Do hope it's nothing serious! Libby is a sweetheart! Looking forward to seeing your rendition of those patterns! Hugs my friend!
Hello Gudrun, sorry to hear about your arm and neck, not much fun heh.Take care.Love the plaid fabrics you have chosen. Regards Lyn
Those fabrics are wonderful!! I recently started collecting plaids and homespuns.
Hope you are better soon.
What a beautiful bag, Gudrun!
Take care of your neck and arm...we quilters can't do what we do without these parts of our body functioning properly!! ;o)
Get lots of rest and "God Bedring"!
Hugs, Mary Ann
Love the patterns, especially the pillow with the crow on the pumpkin.
Do you know who designed that pattern? I would love to make one.
Post a Comment