25.5.09

From down under

Now I want to show you what waited for me when I came home from Norway. Lyn put a picture on her blog the other day showing a tin box she had got, I commented on how much I liked it and the next thing I know is that there is one box on its way to Iceland to ME :) and a blue one (chosen by her DH) It was so much fun unpacking the goodies (sorry the pictures are taken in the car I was so excited to open it and I was on my way to work and did NOT want to wait the whole day).

First it was wrapped up in fabric:



When I had taken the fabric and opened the tin box this is what I saw:



I unwrapped this and...



yes another packet, when I had opened that one I saw a "Giggle" button!



Here you can see my beautiful tin boxes:



And here are the fabrics she sent me:



I am so happy and thankful. What a kind and generous lady she is.

As you may have noticed I have not been doing very much lately. Yesterday I managed to finish my Watermelon quilt:



I sprayed it with tea but the effect is not the same as it is when Libby does this, but I am pretty satisfied with the result.

This is what my front yard looks like now:





Not very nice but it is going to be great when finished. So I wait patiently.

34 comments:

LAPPEQURI said...

Hei:-) Flott gave du har fått. Quilten din var kjempe artig og fin
Ønsker deg en fin og kreativ uke
Klem fra Norge

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful tin and goodies!!

Myra said...

Love your header photo! 8-)

What a lucky gal you are! Those are absolutely wonderful gifties you've received from Lyn!!! 8-)

Your water melon quilt looks great! Good for you on your finish!!! Love how you photographed it on the logs there... 8-)

Are you adding on a sun-room, or bigger deck?

Great you posted!!! Yay!!! 8-)

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice of her to send you such nice goodies. I'm lovin' your watermelon quilt too.
Happy gardening. :D

Sandi said...

Lots of lovely things in the mail for you, very nice.
Your watermelon quilt is gorgeous!
What are you building in your front yard?

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, so glad you enjoyed the gifties.......love your watermelon quilt....and I am curious what are you doing with your front yard.....Warm Regards Lyn

Kristie said...

Lucky you to recieve such nice gifts!

Can't wait to see the work that is being done in your yard!
Kristie

Libby said...

What fun to find a giggle button in your mail *s* And, of course, the tin will be so happy in your home.
Your watermelon quilt is just gorgeous - I know you are going to enjoy it all summer long *s*

Rose Marie said...

Lovely gifts and bloggers are so generous! Your watermelon quilt is sweet and just in time for summer.

Jossie said...

The tin is beautiful.
Will there be many flowers in your front yard?

vivi said...

hi! i'm vivi from argentina, far far away!
i just love your watermelon quilt!
big kisses ;)
vivi

Carole said...

Oh...... you're watermelon quilt is lovely! I'm glad that you are quilting despite your way too busy work day! Taking care of yourself I do hope! ;o)

What a nice gift you received! Cute button! Enjoy!

Hugs my friend!

Anne Ida said...

Oh, I have the same tin :o) I love it! Use it for my little carry around hand piecng projects.

Your watermelon quilt is so cute! Congratulations on your finish!

Hugs and stitches

Simone de Klerk said...

Such beautiful presents from Lyn! She is a wonderful kind darling (O: Your melon quilt: I love it. The blackbird really finishes it, as does the quilting!
Look forward to see how your front yad will look like afterwards!

May Kristin said...

Oh yes, Lyn is a very kind lady!
I know, because I have felt her kindness too! I just haven't blogged about it yet!
Your little watermelon quilt is just gorgeous! Congratulations!

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy Birthday........

Kerry said...

Hi Godrun,
A little birdie whispered it was your birthday so just dropping by to wish you a happy one!!

Mona said...

Happy birthday to you.

May Britt said...

A little norwegian bird har told that's your birthday today. Happy birthday Gudrun.

Anonymous said...

Happby Birthday to you Gudrun.. MayKristin has told that is your birthday to.. I wish you a wonderful day..

Marica

Oddbjørg said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Gudrun, I hope it's a day full of love and laughter.

Laila L S said...

May Kristin did tell it`s your birthday; congratulations!
Hope you`re haveing a great day!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful watermelon quilt, Gudrun!
Good idea spraying it with tea!
Your front yard will soon be a good place to be again!!! Just in time for summer!!! And Happy Birthday, by the way!!! wink, wink!!
Cheers!
Mary Ann

Lissa Jane said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday gudrun!!!


Lissa
also from down under

Jeanne said...

Happy belated Birthday, Gudrun! How fun opening the gift.

anne from finland said...

So lovely tins and fabrics you´ve got! Your quilt looks great!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dear Gudrun.......Warm Regards Lyn

sewkalico said...

Birthday? You never told me!! Hope it was a great one! Love your watermelon quilt! And what a great parcel xka

Christine said...

I love your little watermelon quilt. Very nice tin .... I actually have one too.
Christine

Frederique said...

Hi Gudrun,
I'm coming from Krisp-quilt, and so I wish you a very good birthday as it seems to be your day!
Kises from Tahiti

Jenny said...

Great goodies for you! Love your watermelon quilt:)

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday too!

Bec said...

Your watermelon quilt is gorgeous, love it! very creative!
I love your tin. I have one too! I keep my curved basting pins in it, a good spot for them as they can't stick through the tin to bite me!
Enjoy your gifts.