3.5.09

Norge

I had great eight days in Norway in April. I think the best part of it was to meet two blogging friends May Kristin and Anne Ida. My BIL´s wife (who lives in Norway) was my driver and went with us to the quiltshops and to a pancake house where this picture is taken. She is not a quilter so she deserves a medal for her patience this day:



We began in Oslo at Kathrines Quilte Stue and this is what I bought there:



Then we went to Bærums Verk, it is a beautiful place with lots of little shops (I am glad that most of them were closed otherwise I would have spent to much money). There is the quilt shop Lappe Makeriet and of course I bought a little there:



This was not enough so another shop must be visited and off we went heading west of Oslo to Lille Stasjon in Lærum and there I found this:



Now my card was beginning to melt so no more shops and to end a FABULOUS day I got these gifts from my friends.

From Anne Ida this bookmark, look how precise it is (not paper pieced):




And from May Kristin blue fabrics as I am a "blue person" and a pattern that I got to choose myself from several she had with her:




Thank you Anne Ida and May Kristin for a WONDERFUL day.





Next I will show you what was waiting for me when I came home from Norway, all the way from Australia.

22 comments:

LAPPEQURI said...

Hei:-) Ser ut til at du har fått oppleve mye flott:-) Å det ble med hjem noen skatter ser jeg;-)
Ha en fin og kreativ uke
Klem

~Bren~ said...

What a wonderful post. How awesome to meet you blog friends in person. I actually "know" them a little it myself from their blogs and they are both such talented ladies! What an honor for you and for them!!!

Simone de Klerk said...

You definitely had a wonderful day! And how nice to have met blogging friends. You brought some beautiful things.
Who are you on the pictures?

Jossie said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day. It is great to meet blogging friends in person and spend a day with them.

May Kristin said...

Thanks to you too for a wonderful day! It was so fun to finally meet you in person! I'm now back home from Seattle, trying to recover from the jet-lag! Take care!

Libby said...

Oh what a wonderful time you must have had - fun shopping and good friends *s*

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! :) Lovely goodies! Can't wait to see them as you use them. Have a wonderful day!
Kristie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gudrun sounds like you had a fantastic time.

Days and colors said...

What a great time! It must be so nice to meet blogger friends personally! Love your purchases, so many pretty things! I'm looking foward to seeing what the postman brought you!

Carole said...

What a wonderful time! You came home with lots of lovely goodies! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a wonderful time shopping and meeting online friends...
...which one is you??

sewkalico said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS trip!!!

Kim said...

I am happy to see that you have been away on a quilter friends get together!

Myra said...

What a great post Guðrún! How nice to have gone on a trip, visiting family, and meeting some fellow bloggers! That is good for one's soul... 8-)

You have some wonderful buys there! I gather you can read and understand the patterns, right? 8-) Time to get busy! lol! All in due time right!?! Wonderful gifts you've received too! Lucky you! 8-)

I must thank you for your continued visits and comments to my blog Guðrún. They make my day! 8-)

I hope the sun is shining down on you lots! 8-)

Happy stitchings!

Sandi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip, Gudrun. How lovely to meet your blog friends, what fun you must have had.

Andrea said...

Great day and I love your new fabrics and patterns.

Rose Marie said...

You all look like you had a fun day. It is great to meet blogging friends!

Anne Ida said...

It really was a lovely day! I was so happy to meet you! Big hugs...

corry said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Norway. So nice you could meet your blog friends in person!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, thank you for the pics in your post.....I love the little clothesline you bought.....great to catch up with friends from blogland....Warm Regards Lyn

annemariesquilt said...

Heia so nice that you have been visiting us in Norway.. I realy hope you had a great time! I have been without a net work so I have not been abel to comment on this event before now...
Tommorrow I will be leaving for Gøteborg og Nordisk , I am so excited ...
Take care and have fun!!

Christine said...

Lucky you ... sounds like a wonderful trip with great friends and quilt shops.