I have not been very active here for the last months, because I haven´t been sewing at all. Well for the last two days I have been sewing a little :) not much but as I say it is the beginning and in more than one way, both beginning to sew and to put my grandmothers flower garden together.
I hope there will be some more sewing done here this summer!!!
Next weekend there will be a gathering of my DH extended family. His grandmother had 13 brothers and sisters and they will all meet with their families. If all would come it would be around 340 people but I guess it will be somewhere around 150-200 people. I am preparing all the name tags. It is a lot of work...
This is a common sight out of my kitchen window, there are obviously lot of people that still have the money to go on a cruise, can you see the ship?
21 comments:
Good for you getting on with your Grandmother's Garden! Looks great! 8-)
A family reunion? How exciting!
What a lovely view you have there! I'd love to see that everyday...go sit by the water... 8-)
Happy stitchings!
How nice to 'see' you!! LOL
Love your Flower garden! Wish you luck on the further process!
And the view from your kitchen window is amazing!
A family reunion? May be some of my relatives would be there too??
Have a fun weekend!
Hi Gudrun!
I hope you don't mind but I have added you to my 'blogs I follow' list. I love your site and besides you are Icelandic! So am I -both sets of grandparents were icelandic and my parents spoke icelandic (I just know a few swear words-ha ha) Perhaps by following your blog I will learn more about Iceland!! Take care!
Paulette
Gudrun your flower garden looks fantatic, and it sounds like your family reunion is going to be heaps of fun...enjoy...
Your flower garden quilt is coming along quite nicely. It will be lovely when you finish it.
We are having my husband's family reunion the weekend after yours! It will be a very busy day!
Lovely view out of your kitchen window.
Welcome back to sewing. Your quilt is coming along beautifully! But I am not sure how you can take your eyes away from the view...lucky girl! The name tags are perfect and good that you are helping everyone with names ~ I can never remember names!
How nice to see you again. I really missed you. And remember: quilting is done stitch by stitch. You'll be there soon, I am sure!
I think I would never leave my kitchen window!! What a view!
Your GFG is beautiful. I have not touched my hexagons for a while.
so nice to see you blogging again.........goodluck and enjoy your hexagons........
Glad to see you've found a little time for sewing. I love your flower garden *s*
Have a great time at the reunion - that's a LOT of family all in one spot. Fun!
So nice that you are "back" again.
Your grandmother's flower garden seems to be beautiful.
Have a nice weekend!
Dear Gudrun, thank you for visiting and your kind comment....something about hexagons........enjoy your family reunion....memories to keep...hugs lyn
Love your hexagons - do you need anymore florals for it??
Wow! So many labels! Hope you all have a nice time!
I loved seeing your grandmothers garden, though years ago when I was so much younger I thought OH NO all the sewing, but now Ive come to really love the grandmothers garden and all the precious time sewing them.
Those hexagons are relaxing to just plug away on and your garden is coming along nicely! Have fun with your reunion.
great grandmothers flower garden quilt. I will never finish mine LOL!
Góða skemmtun á ættarmótinu :)
Sæl Guðrún,
ég hef ekki getað sent þér neinn tölvupóst upp á síðkastið, er pósthólfið nokkuð fullt hjá þér? Get ekki heldur sent þér "reply" á póst sem þú hefur sent mér. Kv. Berglind
We have a good friend whose family was from Iceland. We even went to their big festival last year here in Utah and tasted some of the specialties. Some were quite strong smelling! Iceland from your kitchen window is beautiful. Keep on stitching...my mom made a GFG and it took her months and months to finish it.
Get enn ekki neinn póst sent á þig, fæ allt til baka, svona lítur meldingin út sem ég fæ:
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 s76 hja internet.is: Relay access denied
Your hexagon flowers look great. Love the light colors around them. Makes it all calm. Very pretty. Hope you were able to finish all those tags. That must have been a lot of work.
Post a Comment