Thank you so much for your kind words and welcoming me back, you are the best.
I have been cutting fabrics for a quilt for my DD. All the fabrics are from the best quilt shop in the world Fibre Junction the shop owner my dear Carole :) picked the fabric after I had given instruction on what colors to use.
Don´t you think these fabrics are gorgeous?
So next step is to start sewing the blocks together, I am excited to begin and see how it will look. The quilt will measure 102x102"
Last week I made this little bag from a book by Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen
I love her design and have a few of her books.
Here are four pictures I took last summer on our travel in the North-East part of Iceland, one is taken to the South, one to the East, one to the West and one to the North. It looks like desert doesn´t it.
It is good to be back.





14 comments:
Looks like your creative spirit has awoken! The fabric has me wondering which quilt pattern you chose and the angel with her knitting needles is fantastic. I am so glad to see you've been up to something fun. This Iceland landscape does look barren and desert like, yet there is beauty there as well. Welcome back, Gudrun. :-D
So glad that you are back! Love those fabrics, just my style! Love the wide open spaces like that! Just breathtaking!
Kristie
Hi. So great to have you back. Love the fabrics- it is going to be a lovely quilt.
Thanks for showing the photos.
Hugs :-)
Hi!
The fabrics are gorgeous. You will make a beautiful quilt. I liked to know about Iceland.
It is very beautiful place. A big hug from south of Brazil,
Heloisa
Yeah - you're back. The fabrics are just gorgeous. Can't wait to see the quilt!
love the fabrics Carole sent you......I got a wonderful parcel from Carole too......the quilt kit I won..........
so nice to see you back.......
is it gravelly/sandy stuff.........looks pretty desolate to me.
Hi Gudrun! The lady did a wonderful job, picking out those fabrics. Love the tones!
And the bag turned out so sweet!
Wow, what a landscape. What a silence there must be, or do you hear the wind?
Off to the link of the shop you gave1
Love your project! You do such nice work. So glad you like the fabrics. It's going to be a stunning quilt. I've been watching "how the earth was made" on Netflix and they had a whole episode on Iceland. I must watch it again as I do handwork. It's all part of this effortless learning while getting some quilting done. ;o) Multi-tasking! lol Hugs
So good to see you again. Are you definitely back into quilting? Beautiful fabrics and the bag is just gorgeous but guess what I like most.........?
Awesome fabrics Guðrún! I'm going to enjoy watching you put this quilt top together!!! 8-)
What a darling bag! Too cute!
Wow! It really is quilt baron there isn't it...
Happy stitchings to you! 8-)
Hello Gudrun, welcome....lovely to hear from you.....have truly missed you....often think of you...how can I not with my little dolly sitting on my thimble house....hugs lyn
Lovely fabrics and a very cute bag.
Beautiful fabrics!
And the bag is gorgeous!
I like your beautiful work.
I congratulate them.
happy weekend from Spain
Josefina
tijeras y cuchara wordpress.com
Post a Comment