1.5.11

I´m alive :)

Just wanted to let you know I am alive :)  I have been busy sewing and I almost have a flimsy to show you.
Can you please find the summer for me.  These pictures were taken yesterday morning!

And this one early this morning.


This one was taken a few days ago, it is one of our summer birds called Lóa when it arrives from the southern hemisphere in April we believe the spring is here.  I hope they will find their nests again and that no eggs were being laid as now we have about 15cm of snow covering everything.
This is another of our summer birds called Hrossagaukur, I love the sound that it makes with it´s wing/tail while flying. 
All these pictures were taken by my friend siggiig, he has much more on his flickr


11 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Poor you, Gudrun! I can hardly imagine you are still having snow.
Something springy will come your way this week! I hope it will melt the snow away.
Love the birds you have in Iceland. I guess they came home too early...
Have a lovely week and I look forward to see the project you are working on.

Chookyblue...... said...

hope spring arrives soon for you Gudrun..........

Ali Honey said...

The weather is certainly being different in many parts of the world. I think the snow looks lovely but can understand that one could get tired of it quite quickly ( we don't get any snow ) Roll on Springtime for Iceland!

Your friend's photos on his site are delightful. I recognised a few of the birds that we have too.

I am eagerly awaiting a view of your quilt top.
Be happy Ali.

Ali Honey said...

Me again. I just checked. The bottom bird photo is of what we call a Godwit. Those ones may have flown up ther from New Zealand!

Lynda said...

Our Spring is slow in coming also. We've had snow, wind, rain, sleet but hoping for some warmer weather this week. Our poor flowers pop out just to be blasted with a cold snow!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, not so sure about the snow you are having in Iceland....loved seeing the pics of the birds....and looking forward to seeing your flimsy...hugs lyn

Libby said...

Hang on - summer is out there. It will find you soon *s*

Myra said...

Summer will come! It usually does, but they seem shorter than they used to be don't they...
We've been having weird weather here...
I look forward to seeing your flimsy! 8-)

sewkalico said...

Yowzer!!! That weather looks cold! We have spring, lots of wind, but so much sun that i am worried we are having our yearly sunshine quota too early and then we'll not have a summer!!!

Carole said...

I read you about spring! But, the snow is gorgeous! ;o) We have been having lots of rain. Lake Champlain is at it's high time high. Broking records everyday! The Shoppe is far enough away from the lake to cause any troubles. However, my backyard is a puddle haven! lol I'm thinking I should put my pool up and let mother nature fill it up! ;o) Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to seeing your flimsy! Hugs!

Kim said...

Good to hear that you are still with us. We have had a cold and wet spring here, too. Hope we have an extended autumn season this year to make up for it on the other end. Nice that you are sewing. Great photos, btw. :-D