I guess things go faster when you have help with the sewing.
Sorry I couldn´t keep my eyes open :(
So with all that help I have a flimsy, it was windy when I took the picture so it wouldn´t lay flat on the grass.
At last I have a few pictures of Ravens taken by siggiig. I have always liked them although we have many stories of them to frighten little children and also that they eat sheeps and lambs if they have the opportunity. We also have a lot of old folk songs about Ravens. My mother used to give them food at wintertime. It is said that every autumn they gather together to decide where each pair of them is going to stay during wintertime, because they can´t all be at the same place as there wouldn´t be enough food for them. Our first settler that came sailing from Norway had three Ravens with him, he let them loose one by one, the first flew back, the second just flew up, but the third flew in the direction to what is now known as Iceland :) Óðinn, an old "god" in the heathen religion, Ásatrú, had two ravens named Huginn and Muninn. Do you have similar stories or songs about them?




19 comments:
That is a lovely gift you received and your wee dog is adorable and must be a great help to you.
Love your flimsy and your colours you chose!
Hi.
Love your gift and the quilt :-)
Great photos of the ravens too, wonder if it is Hugin or Mugin or maybe one of Magica von Tryll's ravens :-)
Great birds who can learn to talk. We got them in the woods here.
Hugs :-)
like your quilt..........lovely present from Simone........
I love the colours you have used in your quilt top flimsy.
Glad Spring has arrived for you.
Your flimsy is beautiful! The colors are so restful...perfect for a quilt. Such a cute little helper you have.
Glad a bit of spring reached you safely!
And what a lovely quilt you made with the help of two friends. Guess one got too tired.
What a wonderful and interesting story about the ravens. Scary too sometimes.
Have a lovely weekend!
Simone is such a doll! Always full of surprises. She really knows how to cheer you up.
Great story about the ravens.
Really love the quilt top you finished- yes, it's always nice to get a little help from our friends, lol. The spring quilt is sweet and dear as can be, too. You are very lucky! Thanks for the story. Glad spring has arrived for you and me. Green everywhere now. :-D
I'm so glad that spring has come to you *S* I hope you are enjoying every minute!
Love the flimsy - the colors are gorgeous and the setting is striking!! How do you plan to quilt it? Happy Quilting!
Doniene
Your present from Simone is lovely! Such a sweet pattern, and those florals are perfect for spring/summer :o)
Ohhhh, I love, love, love your flimsy! The Chimney sweep block is beautiful, and I love the fabrics you chose for these! You going to have a pieced border for it?
Great raven photos!
Hope you have a great week! I heard on the news you have some ash cloud problems again...
Hugs and stitches from me
xxx
What a nice gift received Guðrún! Very pretty!
Your flimsy is wonderful! You are on a roll with that one! good for you!!!
No raven stories in my life! Very interesting! Thanks for sharing! 8-)
I forgot to mention, sweet little helper on your sewing table there!!! 8-)
your big quilt is lovely. Nice colours and blocks. And your little gift is really sweet too.
Love the quilt! Stunning! The photograph does not do justice to the richness of those colours! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!
Sorry I didn't see your questions on my blog about kiwifruit.
Yes, we did have 244 bins ( like the ones in the photos ) of fruit.
Gold kiwifruit ( which we don't grow ) are similar to green ones but have yellow flesh and are sweeter. It is possible your country isn't importing gold variety yet. There are far more green fruit grown than gold ones.
Love your flimsy! I have never liked those birds - they scare me = probably from watching Alfred Hichcock's Birds as a child LOL
Hello Gudrun, enjoyed seeing your flimsy....beautiful gift from Simone...Hugs Lyn+
Hi! Greetings again from Finland! That brown quilt is LOVELY! It's so stunning!!!!
My schoolfriend was from Iceland! So I have heard a lot of your country! It's so nice country!
Post a Comment