dark blue border and then probably the binding will be a very light one, how does this sound and look like. There were a few that suggested a dark red binding and no border, I am sorry but red is NOT my colour and as I made this for ME and blue is my favorite colour then this is what I think I will do. I also could just add the dark blue as a binding, humm, this is going to be difficult, my DS is laughing at me, you are asking these questions and getting a lot of answers and then still you don´t know what to do he says LOL but I find this is helping on deciding what to do.
You remember when Nadine was doing her Bloomin´Roses, well I asked if she would give me the pattern and of course she did, this weekend I began cutting out the roses and these are a few of them
there are more colours to come, these are not my favorites but I thought they would be fine to do roses as they are usually, red, pink, yellow, purple and so on. I find this a lot of fun and now I just have to find a background fabric to use.
The Icelandic patchwork association has got a new webpage and I saw the other night that they had put a link to my blog there (did not ask me first) and I have seen that there are some Icelanders who are visiting my blog but NONE of them has left a comment, can you believe it? Are Icelanders so shy or what is the problem? Well they don´t know what they are missing not joining this wonderful world that we quilters around the world are sharing.
To you my "friends" who are out there always willing to help out and leave a comment that is full of friendly words A BIG THANK YOU.
19 comments:
oh.. maybe they´ve not yet been able to leave one comment, I needed some time, too to register...
Dear Gudrun, your blog is great, you could use the flowers as a gift for friends, batted with some thin batting and than needled like a brooch! Luv your style! Kind regardz from Vienna/Austria
There are a lot of lurkers out there that never comments on blogs. So you keep on blogging and enjoy the comments from your blogging friends.
There are a lot of lurkers and sometimes they just pop up and leave a comment.
I likethe blue border.
I like the blue. I would do it as a binding (as the quilt is interesting enough without another border), or as I said before I would do a light border and blue binding... But I wouldn't do blue and then a light border (just my personal opinion).
Don't worry about lurkers - I'm so glad to have met you and perhaps you're soon to make more friends (and neighbours!!)
Ok, so red is not your colour - I'm not that fussed *lol*, even though I was the first one to suggest it :o) I love blue too!
But how about this: No border, but you make a wide binding in the dark blue? Or you do a border the same width as the strips in your quilt, and bind it in the same colour? I'm sorry, but I don't care for the idea of a light binding after a dark border... But like you say, it is your quilt, and you do what you like!
I was a lurker for quite some time before I started my own blog, and I still lurk on some blogs :o) And I know there are lurkers on mine ;o)
Take care!
ohh... I forgot: Your bloomin' roses looks great!
Just goes to show, no matter what is done on that border it's going to be lovely! I have yet to see a quilt that is NOT attractive. We all love them all. This one is particularly nice. Hope to see it DONE really soon.
I think the Blue border will be very pretty. It is your quilt and you are the one who will have to look at it everyday. I have several scrapy quilts that I have bordered with dark blue. I think your quilt is beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished.
I love the bloomin' Roses. I have seen that pattern a few times, but have yet to find it. I would love to make one for my stepdaughter.
Kristie
You pick the border, or no border, and the binding, that feels right for YOU! Whatever you choose will look great!
I think some people feel a little intimidated if they see lots of comments, all saying what they wanted to say.
But even just a HI is nice, to let you know they called!
I too love to hear from readers.
If you like blue, use it for the border! It is a lovely quilt.
I think any dark color binding will appear as a border. What ever you do with it, do not stress about it til the fun is gone. I too received the Bloomin Roses pattern from Nadine (isen't she a sweetheart?) and plan a Mothers Day cover up with it.
It's going to be gorgeous Gudrun with the blue border. Looking forward to seeing it finished.
Consider yourself tagged :O)
ps (Hope you don't mind)
Hello Gudrun, I saw the wonderful goodies you send to Karol-Ann, so time to visit your blog ánd leave a comment! Your blog is wonderful, I will be visiting again! I experience the same with Dutch bloggers, I know they visit, only a few leave comments.
Well, I guess that is what happens when you ask our opinion .... we are definitely not shy about suggestions! :o) I lurked for a year before starting my own blog and still lurk on some blogs. All it takes is leaving one comment and then it is easier after that.
I'm glad you got suggestions that led you to finishing your quilt. It's always nice to know how others think and can give ideas you might not have had . . . it's going to be a beauty when done *s*
Lovely flowers! Love your quilt! Lots of people lurk! I have blogs that I tend to lurk! The people I tend to lurk are designers and I don't have a comment! ;o) Keep well!
Post a Comment