Well ladies how should I finish this one, should I put a border or not/just plain or sawtooth or something else? What color, scrappy or just one color? I just don´t know what to do, the size doesen´t matter as it is big enough already. Please comment on this.
29 comments:
What a beautiful quilt, Gudrun. My thoughts would be a plain border, there's so much detail in the quilt, I'd hate to detract from the quilt itself, and I think I'd use one of the blues as it's not in the outside cornerstones. Wow look at that sonw, already....
Your quilt top is perfect, Gudrun! And noooooo, no border! Please! What I'd love to se for this quilt is that you quilt it in some swirly pattern and bind it in a dark red!!! Please! ...that is my opinion, anyway *lol* But it is your quilt! You make up your own mind :o) Have fun with it!
Personally I would add a border. I like the way a border frames the pieced work. It's a lovely top and if you don't add one it will look beautiful. But I still would add a border if it were mine.
I'm with Anne Ida : this quilt is gotgeous and doesn't need anything else, so NO border for me, and YES a red binding !
Congratulations !
Hugs & smiles...
NADINE
What a beautiful quilt and a beautiful picture! I think a simple border would be best to frame all the lovely piece work you've done. I think anything more would make it too busy. My second choice would be to not add a border. Definitely less is more in this case. Thanks for sharing.
I'm not the one to ask when it comes to borders really - I labour over mine, but I think I agree with the previous comments that say 'no border'. I think this quilt stands stunningly & strongly on its own. It is beautiful & just made to be photographed in snow!
What a great quilt! It doesn't seem to be calling for a border. After quilting the binding will provide just the right amount of framing so all the beautiful piecing will shine.
Oh, I just read Anne Ida's comment . . . yes, yes, yes - dark red binding!
I dont think I would add a border, or if I did, a small dark one, to show off the lovely centre.
It is beautiful, well done.
Your quilt is beautiful just the way it is. If you want to add any border at all I think a plain one would be best, but I agree with a plain red binding. Congrats on getting it that far. Great job.
What a beautiful quilt. I would be tempted to leave it as is. Just my thought.
Gudrun, if you are happy with the size of the top then I would leave it as is - no border. It is a gorgeous quilt!
I think NO border. A plain binding (a dark red like Anne said) will give the effect of a small frame, so no border is really needed. Beautiful quilt!!!
I'm not much of a border person, although I do have one planned for my bear paws. I love it the way it is!
I think either with or without would be fine. I suggest auditioning a dark plain fabric by laying the quilt on top of it and trying different widths of border and see if you like it.
I am impressed by the snow!
My opinion -- STOP Now. Just a little narrow border. The blocks ARE the quilt - hey, it's a scrappy quilt, and it doesn't need anything more.
(Now, just watch, you might come up with a perfectly marvelous added border that's smashing!!! ) LOL
Well, you sure have enough opinions going here! :o) For me, I would add a border but a light colour like a blue or tan so that it doesn't distract from the beauty of the pattern and it would give the eye a place to rest. Gosh, look at the snow! It's too early for me.
I can't give you any advise on how to finish the quilt but I would like to say that it is very beautiful. You did a great joy. connie from Texas
I think a darker border would make a nice frame and help calm down the business of the pieced blocks.
It is a beautiful quilt in a beatiful setting. I love the snow!
Wow! How beautiful! And the scenery with snow is perfect! Personally I think I would add a border, but just a plain one! But the decision is yours! You shall do what pleases you most!
It's gorgeous! I personally would add a narrow cream border (like the sashings i.e. same colour and same width) and then a blue binding. I would use one of the darker blue tones found in the quilt for the binding. BUT I'm sure however you do it, it will be awesome.
ps Don't like that snow!! makes me feel cold LOL
Wow, what a beautiful quilt! I'm a border girl myself but either way, it's sweet! Keep warm!
Oh my gosh it is beautiful! I'd say no border too. I think it will make it look like you just put it on to make it bigger.
I would add a small background colour border, nothing to take away from the center of the quilt. It's absolutely gorgeous.
I looked for the pattern but can't find it. What size are the blocks without the sashing?
A beautiful quilt.I would add a blue border. But you don't need anything it looks great.
Well, there you have it! Twenty four opinions that are all just fine. Did you decide how to finish up this quilt? I'll stay tuned to see how it turns out.
I like to audition various options of fabric. Hang it up on the flannel board with the quilt, take a photo, see how it looks in the photo. For some reason I can get a better idea of how things look when I see it in a photo. Strange? It is a useful tool for me though. Usually additional borders have something to do with getting the desired size right cause I am not a big fan of sewing on borders.
Good luck, Gudrun! :)
Oh my gosh! Your quilt so pretty! It looks wonderful in the snow. I agree with the ladies who suggested something simple. I'm sure whatever you do will look fabulous.
Your quilt is beautiful. However you decide to finish it I know it will be lovely. I will check back to see what you decide. Good Luck.
I agree with most. this quilt don't need a border it is beautiful as it is :-)
I see that you have already decided on a border, but I wanted to see the whole quilt. It's very big - a lot of work. It looks great Gudren.
Post a Comment