31.8.08

Lopapeysa and other stuff

Did you know that MissBee is a designer. I saw this pattern on her blog and asked her for a copy and she sent me one in the mail :) The name of the pattern is Lopapeysa. The pattern is resembling our traditional wool sweaters called Lopapeysa. You can read about them on my blog here.



I got these two awards from Lappequri some days ago. Thank you so much.





I have finally finished block number four of the Butterfly garden. Now I am WAITING for block number five so I am on track and can strike that off my list.


Today I went out to buy a birthday present for a little girl and saw these books by Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen and couldn´t resist buying them :( She is a great designer I love her books. There are many projects in them I really would like to do but not now I have to stick to the list on the sidebar plus the swaps I am participating in. No side tracks allowed, I will just put the projects on my dream list.

I have also finished basting my Road to Oklahoma and have tried to mark the quilt design that Rose Marie was so generous to make for me almost a year ago. I am using chalk but I can hardly see it. I read somewhere that if you use a pen that washes out you have to wash it within 2 weeks otherwise it will be stuck in the fabric. Tell me how do you mark your quilts?

15 comments:

Libby said...

Oh what a wonderful pattern . . . look at all that space for quilting. Can't wait to see what you do.

Ali Honey said...

What a lovely word to roll off ones tongue -lopapeysa. It is a great pattern - I think it is similar to Fair Isle that knitters of homespun wool make here.

I use a little chalk wheel,to mark quilts, but only mark a small amount at a time cause it rubs off.

Thanks for sending the photos and information about your Olympic handballers.

May Britt said...

I have never had trouble removing the markings. For dark fabric i use a Clover White marking pen which you can iron away. For light fabrics I use a Prym Aqua tricmarker which you wash away. Love both of them.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Congrats on the awards...your Butterfly Garden looks just so gorgeous and I also like you Road to Oklahoma...could we see a photo of the whole quilt please Gudrun..

Kim said...

I use the Clover chalk wheels for marking my work. Comes in three colors for light, dark, etc. Works very well for me.

Anonymous said...

I've been watching the progress of your butterfly blocks! They are great! For marking - i use a blue water eraseable marker. I've had a stitchery that I left for AGES... and the pen has actually faded away. It's just from my local quilting store. Hope you find something that works well for you.

Luísa Silva said...

I didn´t know that Berglind is a designer. The pattern is lovely and its name is so cute! Your WIPs are going great.

Myra said...

Your Butterfly Garden is looking lovely! Seeing a lot of them lately.
Happy stitchings!

Roseanne said...

Your butterfly garden look good .I have been looking at other peoples blogs .I am trying to get more blogger friends .So come over and have a look at my blog .

Carole said...

You've been busy! Your butterfly garden is turning out nice. As for marking, I avoid it. I use tracing paper or a yellow paper from Golden Threads. If I must, I do have a couple of chalk pencils that work for me too! Let me know if you need me to send you anything! Hugs!

corry said...

I never use an inkpen that you need to wash out because off a bad experience I had once. I use the needletrack techniek instead. I love your butterfly garden!

Unknown said...

I love the two books you bought, "Sy liv i lapparna" in Swedish. I want to do everything from them....

May Kristin said...

Your Butterfly garden quilt is coming along so nicely! You are doing a great job!

meggie said...

Lovely post Gudrun.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Good Day From Western Michigan, I just discovered your lovely blog. Love your butterfly garden, beautiful.

I have a question about those books you mention from Anne-Pia Godske Rasmussen. Do they come in English???? and if sooo where can they be purchase at. Thanks for the information. Hugs Judy