4.9.08

THE bag

Finally I have finished the bag for Linda´s swap. It was not easy, every idea seemed to be the wrong one (at least I thought so) finally I decided on this. I found these pink leaves and fell for them, I added white beads on them, I think the picture is not good enough for you to see them. Now I only have to find something to go with it on it´s long way across the ocean to ...





So on Monday it should be on it´s way.

I am sticking to the list on the right, finish five before end of July :) and have been working on the Bloomin´Roses as well as marking the Oklahoma Road.

Have a great weekend everyone.

36 comments:

Rose Marie said...

Love your bag .... so summer like!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gudrun your bag is just so lovely..I am sure you swap person will be very pleased...

Bloom said...

Your bag looks great. I understand the agony of getting it 'just right' when you are making something for a gift. You have done a wonderful job.

~Bren~ said...

Your bag is beautiful!!! The new owner will be blessed!

May Britt said...

It is a beautiful romantic bag. The one who gets this will love it.

Laila said...

A beautifull summer bag. The lady who got it are so luckey.

Gina said...

What a fabulous bag. I thionk your partner will be really happy with it.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

LAPPEQURI said...

Hei kjempe fin bag:-)
Ha ei fin og kreativ weekend

Anonymous said...

UAU!!! IS BEAUTIFULL YOUR BLOG!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
MY NAME IS ALDANA, I AM FROM ARGENTINA BUT NOW I LIVE IN LOGROÑO, SPAIN.
DOU YPU WANT EXCHANGE A THIMBLE WITH ME?
SORRY BUT MY ENGLISH IS SO SO
HUGS!!!



ALDI

Anonymous said...

It's lovely Gudrun, your partner will just love it I'm sure.

sewkalico said...

Hey, it looks beautiful! Not what I imagined: much better! You are an original and the new owner will love it!

ps what are those berries in your header?

Libby said...

A very nice bag . . . someone will be so happy.
Love the new banner. What are those white berries?

Kim said...

I think you made a very nice bag. This bag swap was a great idea. We use bags like this instead of collecting plastic bags while shopping. I like the leaves that you used to decorate the bag.

Ali Honey said...

Great bag Gudrun.Just right for summertime.

I too want to know about those white berries please.

I'm glad lots of others are doing their shopping using great bags they made themselves!
( the brighter and more varied the better! )

Days and colors said...

It is a lovely bag, your partner will sure love it! The books from Anne Pia Rasmussen are great, her ideas are whimsical! I hope you'll have some time for the cute projects.

meggie said...

Very pretty bag.

Jossie said...

You did a great job. The bag is just lovely.

annemariesquilt said...

Very nice bag Gudrun, the leaves are so small...

Carin said...

I love your bag it is beautiful!!!

Sarah Nopp said...

That is a very charming bag indeed. I think you have just inspired me to make a selection of bags at my quilt retreat next week. Very charming!

Carole said...

Lovely bag! The receipient will be delighted! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Berglind said...

I love the bag, when you click on it you can realy see how pretty it is. Where did you get these georgeous leaves?

Wendy said...

What a lovely bag, someone will be very tickled.

Myra said...

The bag looks wonderful! I'm sure your swap partner will love it! 8-)
I joined "Finn's finish 5 by New Years Challenge". We shall see how I do with that one! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

corry said...

Your pink bag is so lovely, you gonna make someone very happy!

Unknown said...

Lovely bag, the colour is beautiful, and the leaves.... There will be a lucky girl some where...

Roxane said...

Very nice !

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, the bag you made is soo pretty.Your swap partner will be delighted.I have agonising over the Angel Swap, and had to scrap one thing I made.Regards Lyn

Luísa Silva said...

Lovely bag. I didn't understand if you bought the leaves alredy made or if you appliquéd them. The vine leaves crossing the tote bag are a great idea.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog last night, and I love all of your cute projects! I look forward to reading more.

That's such a cute bag! Is the pattern available online?

Anjea in Austin, TX (USA)

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! Is beautifull your blog!!!
My name is Aldana. I am argentina but now I live in Spain
Do you want exchange a thimble with me?
Sorry but my english is so so
Hugs:

Annie said...

Good work, I had trouble getting the bag in the post, but it's off now. I know one heading to Iceland ... maybe it's yours.

Heleen said...

What a sweet bag this is!! your swappartner is very lucky!

Angelines Artero said...

Beautiful blog, could you put a translator in your blog? Regard from Spain

Dionne said...

Your bag is beautiful, your final idea was the right one!

Annie said...

Great bag - I think I have that fabric in mine.