27.9.08

Bag has arrived

My bag arrived yesterday, I am so happy. I had been looking at blogs of the swap participants and this was one of the bags I really wanted. I was so excited to see the bag that I asked my son to go to the post office and bring it to me at work, I couldn´t wait till I got home :)



My swap partner was Jenny in Oz. The bag is made of felted wool and the stitched daisies are also in her header on her blog, you should go over and take a look. The bag contained these goodies, a lot of birds, buttons, fabrics, DMC thread and shells.



THANK YOU SO MUCH JENNY

There hasn´t been much going on at the sewing front, I am struggling to get the Dora tops together, they are at this stage now:



I am sewing and ripping up again. I have never had so much trouble getting tops together. The quilts are for three little princesses, their birthdays were on August 31st, September 16th and tomorrow the 28th. It is clear that it won´t be ready for their birthdays! I think I need a vitamin injection to get things done.

27 comments:

Kristie said...

That bag is beautiful!! And filled with such wonderful goodies! Lucky You!
Kristie

Jeanne said...

What a great bag! Your Dora quilt is looking so cute, too.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Get those Dora quilts made so that you can work on some other wonderful projects. Love your bag!

May Britt said...

Lovely bag. I had Jenny as my swap partner in a pincushion swap and received the little feltet bird too :) Can't use it as a pincushion so it's hanging in my window.

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely bag Gudrun.........very lucky..........

sewkalico said...

It's horrible when you have to umpick and a project just frustrates you. Just try and get them done and out of the way and then you can get on with the things you love doing.

What a great bag!

LAPPEQURI said...

Artig bag. Flott gave:-)
Ha ei fin og kreativ uke

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun. Jeg heter også Gudrun og jeg bor i Nord-Norge. Jeg er også en quilter. Du har laget mange fine ting. Kjempefin blog!

Jossie said...

What a lovely bag. And I love all the blue goodies you received.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gudrun what a lovely bag and treats...

Jenny said...

I am glad the bag arrived safe and sound-glad you liked it:)It was fun being your swap partner.

Ali Honey said...

Jenny made you a lovely bag. A bit different too being felted. I hope you get pleasure using it.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet bag and filled with goodies.

meggie said...

Lovely bag!
Sometimes the quilts seem to have a mind of their own!

Days and colors said...

The bag looks so pretty! I like the felted bird and the buttons, what a lovely treat!

Heleen said...

this sure is a beauty! What a great swap!

Danetta said...

Lovely bag from your partner. Stop by and check out the quilter's giveaway I am participating in with about 40 others. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, you received a lovely bag and goodies.It can be difficult when some quilts don't go together as planned.Regards Lyn

Carin said...

Great bag! Your Dora blocks are adorable too.

corry said...

Your swap partner made you a beautiful bag and all these goodies...you're so lucky!

Rose Marie said...

Love your bag! At first, I thought the flowers were snowflakes and the felted wool must feel wonderful. Those are great goodies (in fact, I have one of those FQ's fabric in my stash).

Myra said...

A wonderful bag, and goodies! It's great getting the mail at times hey! LOL!
You are not the only one that does not get things done on time for a "special day"! I am really, really good at that! Drives my mother nuts cause she's the kind that has stuff done and ready weeks/months in advance...
Anyway, persevere and you shall get them to the Princes soon enough... 8-)

Fils i robes said...

That bag is beautiful!!

Carole said...

Beautiful bag! Oh and what lovely goodies! Swaps are great! Enjoy! Hugs!

Berglind said...

Realy nice bag and the goodies in it too :) - The rainy weather is perfect to sit inside and sew Dora quilt tops, good luck with it

annemariesquilt said...

You have received a beautiful bag and it is kind of different due to wollen fabric.
I can understand that you are unpacient when you are waiting for something good as this bag!!
Have a nice weekend Gudrun and I hope Island will make it true the finacial crises...

Annie said...

I knew you were going to love it. I am very fond of Daisy Chain and her work.