23.2.09

Jæja

I haven´t done very much this month. As you saw in last post Libby sent me some patterns and fabrics and I had collected a little so I took the plunge and have started to try out primitive patterns. This is the Watermelon slices pattern that I got from Libby:



I have the binding left, didn´t have the right fabric until today, so now I can put that on and then wash and applique the bird and the seeds, hopefully I will finish it very soon.

I have also started on Ouilted friendships pattern from Libby but I have only three ladies half done:



At last is what I would like to have as a February finish for the One project a month challenge, it is a flimsy today I have been working on it all weekend. I bought the backing today and the last day of the month is when on Friday or... I think I better get going.


29 comments:

Myra said...

Woohoo good for you! You found some mojo!!! 8-)
Great projects on the go! Love you fabrics!
I hope you get your February finish done! I'm hoping to have mine done too... Just spray basted today... tomorrow I quilt! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your watermelons are wonderful! I can't wait to see your little ladies done!

Carole said...

What cute quilts you are working on! Those are really going to look sweet! Looks like you've got that primitive thing going on! ;o) Good luck with meeting you Feb goal! Cheers!

Jenni said...

Hey Gudrun, you are making some cute little quilts. Love the watermelon slices - very cute.

Laila said...

Hei. Your watermelons are cute. Realy hope you manage to finish your februar goal. Klem ;-)

Jossie said...

Your watermelons look great. Love your "finished to be". Look like violets.

sewkalico said...

Love your primitive quilt/s. They are really cute. Please finish that UFO, it looks great!!

Andrea said...

Love the watermelon quilt - can't believe you never had fabric for binding - lol. The flowery UFO is really great - not too long before it's done ?

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like you have been busy. Love your little ladies, too cute, and a quilt almost finished, wonderful....

Rose Marie said...

You have been busy and little quilts are so easy to finish and have something to show for your time and also to give inspiration to finishing more. What you are working on now are gorgeous and I do love the country look of your fabrics and patterns.

Libby said...

Wow - look at you go *s* You'll make your February deadline for sure.

Gina said...

Great quilts. I can't wait to see them all finished.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

annemariesquilt said...

Hi Gudrun ..
Your flimsy is so special and realy wonderful. I can actually recognize some of the fabrics , I have them too.
Your little quilt is like think new about old patterns.. Very nice.
Now we can soon enjoy spring, we still have some snow and it still can snow more it will not be for long . My neighbour found snøklokker in her garden and I love small signs of spring and I can almost feel new energi comming along..
Take care.

Sandi said...

The watermelon quilt is very nice - great colours. Hope you finish your project a month challenge on time.

Kristie said...

You certainly have been busy! I love the new patterns that you have started! They look really nice! Your flimsy is beautiful! You did a wonderful job on it!
Kristie

~Bren~ said...

Wow, you have a lot going on!! All wonderful projects. I can't wait to see the ladies and the bird on the watermelon quilt will really be cute!

Unknown said...

Cute projects, love the watermelons!

Simone de Klerk said...

Hi Gudrun, I love your melon slices, nice colors and very nicely quilted! I wonder what your ladies will look like once finished!
Have a lovely weekend!

corry said...

I love that watermelons quilt, remind me of summer. I hope you finished your quilt for the month challenge... well there wil always be another month!

May Kristin said...

Love your little watermelon quilt, and the prim-ladies, i really look forward to see them too finished.
They will be lovely!
Wish you luck with the february finish, the quilt is beautiful!

Beertje Zonn said...

Your watermelons are lovely,Gudrun!
Kind regards,

Beertje Zonn

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, I love your flimsy quilt,will be interested to see it complete. Regards Lyn

Days and colors said...

The watermelons look so cute! And athe little ladies, too! Little quilts are always fun to make.

Hedgehog said...

Just love those watermelon slices!

Wendy said...

What a sweet looking watermelon quilt. That would go with my bigger watermelon quilt. I can't wait to see the ladies.

Kim said...

Hi Gudrun. How are these projects coming along, so far so good, huh?

Jenny said...

You have been busy! Love your watermelons too:)

Berglind said...

Hæ Guðrún,
ég sé að það eru nokkrar vikur síðan þú skrifaðir síðast, vonandi ætlaru ekki að taka eins langa pásu og ég (haha), úff, ég verð nú eitthvað að útskýra þessa löngu pásu á blogginu mínu. Gaman að líta inn hjá þér aftur, þú ert kannski núna á aðalfundi bútasaumsfélagsins? Vonast til að heyra frá þér,
kv.
Berglind

Anonymous said...

Hi Gudrun,

I arrived at your blog while surfing around other quilters blogs. I love the Bloomin Roses and am interested in making a quilt with blocks like that, maybe as part of an asymmetric composition including other patterns. I browsed through your older posts to find more info about it and stumbled upon the pic of the templates. I think I should be able to draw my own version of them. I can't figure out which technique you've used to piece the blocks. Is it applique? How big are the blocks you start with?
I hope you find the time to get in touch with me. I don't have a blog "yet", so an email will do.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon,
Blogless Me ;-)