4.4.09

?????

Last weeks I haven´t been sewing at all. Work has been CRAZY and my arm and neck refuse to sew when I come home. So I haven´t posted as there is not much to tell you.

I have seen a lot of hexagons in blogland since Christmas and I decided to show you my pile :)



I "only" have 7 flowers left before I can begin assembling them into a top. I have been sewing them for almost 3 years so this is a very slooooooow progress.



This is my latest addition to my little fabric stash.





Spring is nearing and the day is getting much, much longer than 3 months ago, my favorite time of year, April, May and June.

My family and I are going to Norway later this month and I plan to meet a few blogging friends while staying there. I am really excited about that. I also plan to visit some quilt shops :) I don´t know if I will post before I leave if not: I hope you will have a happy Easter.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoep you have a very wonderful Easter and an awesome time away in Norway! :) Enjoy meeting up with some bloggy friends! How exciting! Wow - that many hexagons? Good on you!!!!

willywagtail said...

Lovely to hear from you again. I gues, unless sewing is our job, we all have times when we can't physically of emotionally bear to sew. I hope your neck improves for you. It must be very sore. Hugs Cherrie

tami said...

Wow! Only 7 flowers left after 3 years. That is amazing. I can't wait to see it finished.

Anne Ida said...

Wohoo! That is some pile of hexagon flowers! Sooooo pretty!! And way to go on being down to 7 to go! I look forward to seeing them sewn together someday in the future!

Great addition to your stash!

I so look forward to seeing you when you come over! I hope the weather will improve by then! We have been having heavy fog over the last few days - I have trouble seeing more than a few meters down the street...

Take care and Happy Easter! Talk to you soon!

Hugs and stitches
xxx

May Britt said...

I got some hexagons in my sewingroom too :) But not been sewing on them for a looooooooong time.

LAPPEQURI said...

Å for et spennende prosjekt med mye arbeid:-) Håper du får en fin påske:-) Regner med du skal til Oslo kos deg:-)
Påske klem

Bec said...

Glad to see your post! I fully understand what it is like when life gets in the way of stitching and posting.
Some quilts are just slow to make. I hope to see more progress with your hexagons soon!
Bec xxx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Easter to you as well Gudrun...your hexagons look fantastic...sorry to hear you have had pain in your neck and arm, hope it has settled down now...enjoy your holiday...

Ali Honey said...

It's great to have you posting again. That pile of hexagons is impressive - well done.
Wishing you a wonderful fun trip to Norway. I hope you will bring back lots of photos to show us. Enjoy!

Laila said...

Oh. You have done a great work with all that flowers... I look forward to see them stitched together.. Have a great easter.
And a safe trip.
Hugs...

Heleen said...

You sure have a lovely pile of hexagons! and in time it will be finished.

Mary Ann said...

Hi Gudrun! Nice to see you back blogging! I've missed you!!
Those hexagons are great! Can't wait to see them sewn together!!
Have a nice Easter and a good time in Norway!
Cheers!
Mary Ann

anne from finland said...

Your hexagons look great. I like to see te quilt finished one day. Have a nice trip to Norway! Happy Easter!

Jossie said...

It is so good to hear from you again! Happy Easter and enjoy you stay in Norway.

Chookyblue...... said...

have a wonderful time in Norway........meeting bloggy friends is so much fun.........
so much work in all those hexagons but when it is done you will be sooo happy........

Carole said...

That's some pile of hexagon you have going! Enjoy your trip to Norway! Is there any room in your suitcase for me? My gosh I need a vacation! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip! You're meeting up with lots of wonderful people! Cannot wait to hear all about it! Oh wait, I'm going with you in your suitcase! lol I wish! I'd love to meet May Brit! Alright, back to my paper. I promised myself that I would re-work this one section and let it go! Somehow it just never seems to be good enough for me! I'm turning it in tomorrow! guiltless quilting here I come! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, thank you for visiting....I have been checking your blog from time to time.....love the hexagons you have made....three years wow......always love adding to the stash....Hugs lyn

Andrea said...

Hey great minds think alike - I have only been working on hexagons this last week. I love doing them. Have a wonderful holiday and remember you MUST boost the worlds failing economy whilst in those quilt shops - lol !

Myra said...

Welcome back blog friend! 8-)

Would ya look at those neat and tidy Hexagon flowers!?! Very nice! 8-)

Love your new fabrics!

Have a great trip! Safe travels! 8-)

Simone de Klerk said...

How many flowers do you have in your pile?! I look forward to your progress in assembling them. And isn't it wonderful to add more fabric to your stash.
I hope you have a wonderful time in Norway, meeting your blogfriends and going to quilt shops! Have a happy Easter!

Rose Marie said...

Looking forward to seeing your hexagon layout! Have lots of fun in Norway and it was nice to see you posting again.

Kristie said...

Hope you start feeling better! Enjoy your trip!!

Love those hexagons! That is a huge pile!!!
Kristie

meggie said...

Have a wonderful Easter & good luck for your trip.

~Bren~ said...

I am hoping work slows down for you. Your hexies are beautiful. They look tiny! I just started working with hexagons. I am seeing they will be a long term project.
Have a wonderful trip to Norway and a blessed Easter!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow! What a great pile of hexagons! That is wonderful! Not too many now for your top! How exciting!

Libby said...

What a wonderful stack of hexes you have there . . . can't wait to see them all together *s*

May Kristin said...

Hexagons...may be I should take my hexagons out for a little fresh air too? Actually, they are quite fun to make!

Annie said...

I hope work settles down and you can get back into the sewing groove. Enjoy your holiday.

sewkalico said...

Happy Easter to you and yours! Wow, love those hexagons!! You never said you had a secret stash of them ;-)

Annika said...

What a nice pile of flowers :)

Days and colors said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful time in Norway! I'll be looking for the pictures!

Karen said...

I have noticed a lot of hexagon piecing going on, too. I ordered some hexagon paper pieces but have not started. I enjoy seeing what others are doing with theirs

annemariesquilt said...

Lovely hexagons and I cannot wait to se it assembled. Yes I know it is a lot of work and you have done wonderful so far...