10.1.10

SSCS 2009


I am so sorry for the blog break I took, it wasn´t planned the days/weeks just flew by.

Today I would like to share with you what I got from my SSCS 2009 partner, first the ornament and other goodies. The calender has some beautiful pictures from Claire´s country.


And here is the main present, the quilting is beautiful.


I sent this to my partner, here is the ornament


and here is the main gift

I would like to thank Donna for hosting the swap another year, I can´t imagine how much work it must be to keep it all together.

I am very proud of my daughter, she made this Christmas skirt a few days before Christmas, I only helped her by saying how she should do things, I didn´t do one stitch on it


I have more to share later this week.

21 comments:

Lynda said...

Gudrun, welcome back and with so many delightful things. The gifts you received are wonderful and your heart ornament and Santa in the chimney are beautiful. Isn't it great to have your daughter taking an interest in quilting also. She has made a fantastic Christmas skirt.

paulette said...

Wow! You daughter did a fantastic job...a chip off the ol'block! And SUCH a pretty chip too! LOve all the gifts exchanged! Some lovely keepsakes!
Take care and welcome back!
Paulette

paulette said...

Wow! You daughter did a fantastic job...a chip off the ol'block! And SUCH a pretty chip too! LOve all the gifts exchanged! Some lovely keepsakes!
Take care and welcome back!
Paulette

Kim said...

The heart ornament is pretty now as we near Valentines Day - you could make another and display it in February. Your daughter's tree skirt is very nicely done. She looked pleased with it - such a nice smile!

corry said...

You recieved beautiful gifts and the ones you made for your partner are very pretty too! I love the tree skirt your daughter made, great job!

Jossie said...

Lovely gifts received and made! Your daughter did a great job. The tree skirt is very pretty.
Glad you are back again.

May Kristin said...

Hi Gudrun! So good to have you back!
You've been missed!
Lovely things you both sent away and received.
Your daughter did a great job on the tree-skirt, but why shouldn't she? She has a great teacher in her mom!

Myra said...

Welcome back Guðrún! I missed your posts! 8-)
Absolutely wonderful gifts, in and out! Wow! 8-)
Good for your daughter on making a tree skirt! I'd like to see the finished product... 8-)
Take care!

Chookyblue...... said...

so nice to see you back here..........thanks for being in the SSCS once again............

beautiful gifts sent and received...........

Andrea said...

Hurray - another quilt addict in the making ? Tell her she did a lovely job xxx

Gina said...

Love teh goodies you made and recieved.
The tree skirt looks great aswell

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Csigi said...

Hello Gudrun. Nice to see you back.
I love the gifts that you sent and recieved. Your daughter is very talented!

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Gudrun, lovely to read your post...enjoyed seeing the beautiful gifties....Hugs Lyn

sewkalico said...

Great gifts sent and received!! Love your heart!
Maybe your daughter should blog for you haha! Only teasing! She did a great job and she's making wonderful memories!!!

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful gifts for you and your partner! Imagine the quilty things you will be able to share with your daughter now! What is her next project?

~Bren~ said...

Your daughter is beautiful and what a great project she made. It will be fun having another quilter around your house!

Min Quilte krok said...

Hei
Flotte gaver:-)
Ønsker deg en fin og kreativ helg:-))

Sarah Nopp said...

Glad to see you posting again. Tis the season, as I just posted after a 4 month break LOL

Simone de Klerk said...

Such lovely presents for you and what you made!!!
I can imagine, your daughter makes you very proud in many many different ways!!!

Carole said...

Wow! Great work by our dd! What lovely presents you received from you secret Santa! I love the Country Thread magazine! Such lovely projects! Hugs!

Magia da Inês said...

Oi, amiga!
Estou revendo seu cantinho... sempre criativo e maravilhoso!
Um ótimo dia!
Beijinhos.
Itabira - Brasil