28.3.10

Volcano eruption

Update:  Now the eruption is in Eyjafjallajökull itself and here is a new link hopefully it works but from time to time it doesn´t because of the online traffic.  There have been big floods and will be while the glacier is melting. Evacuation is something that the people around the volcano are getting used to. 


Here is a link to watch the eruption on-line. It is more beautiful to see in the dark, then the glowing lava can be seen.  The eruption is between Mýrdalsjökull og Eyjafjallajökull in the south of Iceland. Tha lava and ash has mostly gone to N-W but yesterday that changed and a part of it went to the South. 

15 comments:

paulette said...

Yikes!! From the title of your post I thought it was you who was mad!! Hope you are safe from harms way!
Paulette

Jossie said...

Interesting. Is it close to where I have been?
Your emails keep coming back as undeliverable. Have you received any?

Kim said...

thanks so much for the link! we will watch it lots! You might have to make a quilt with the theme of volcano eruption!

Simone de Klerk said...

Such an incredible force coming out of the earth. I would have wanted to hear the noice it made. Can't imagien what it sounded like.
Thank you for sharing this with us! Very impressive.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I was so interested but the camera seems to be disconnected right now. Darn.

Anne Ida said...

Nature is amazing!!! What an impressive sight!

Myra said...

I saw a little blurp about the eruption on the news here the other day... Wow!

Lynda said...

Amazing picture. We watched a TV special the other night on all the active volcanos in the world. Quite frightening. Hope you are safe and away from the action. When Mount St. Helens erupted probably 25 years ago in Washington State, my parents home was covered with a very fine ash, and they lived on the other side of the State. Lots of clean up to do.

Sandi said...

Wow, that's amazing. Thanks for the link.

Rika said...

Amazing, thanks for the link!

Kim said...

I was wondering how you might be affected by the volcano. Glad to know that your family and home are okay.

Ali Honey said...

I've been thinking of you a lot lately! I do hope you are all safe from this latest eruption. Iceland getting it's own back on UK and other places.
Big hugs from New Zealand.

Paulette from Brasil said...

Eu rezo por voces e peço a proteção de Deus para todos.

Na beleza do vulcão existe sofrimentos e isso não é bom.

Abraços e as preces dos brasileiros para o povo da Islandia

Grethe said...

All the best to you and Island. I think it is a tragic event. Not all understand the difficulties we have up here north. Take care,
hope your quilting takes bad thoughts away. Feeling with you, and I say Happy Quilting.

Meggie said...

Gudrun, I do hope you are ok, and will be safe during this eruption cycle. Thinking of you.