7.5.10

Make Do Memories Miniature Quilt Challenge

Finally I have finished the Make Do Memories Miniature Quilt. I am a last minute person, I can never finish until the last minute.  I had been planning and thinking a lot when I finally took the plunge and finished.  What I wanted to show with the quilt was friendship amongst quilters all over the world.  The hexagon flower in the center represents Lyn and the stitchery lines from there to the corners are how the flowers flew around the world landing in 7 different countries.  I stitched the names of all the countries into the hexagons in the corners (all in Icelandic).  In the corner where Iceland is stitched I also put the name of the quilt in Icelandic "Vináttugarður Lyn" which means "Lyn´s friendshipgarden"  This was so much fun and I want to thank Lyn for giving me the opportunity to take part.

 

17 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Gorgeous Gudrun...

Myra said...

It's darling Guðrún! What a lovely idea! 8-)
Love the sashing fabric you used...
You aren't the only one that does things last minute! lol! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

marian said...

you did a fabulous job on that darling little quilt, Gudrun! it sure was a fun challenge to be part of :) cheers, Marian x

Allie said...

It's just beautiful - very creative!

Min Quilte krok said...

Kjempe flott ble quilten din;-) Spesielt artig når quilten har vært sendt rundt.
Har tenkt på deg i det siste når infoen om alt som skjer på island har vært fokus på tv.
Ønsker deg en fin og kreativ vår
klem

Andrea said...

Last minute is good -it's how I work too lol ! What a great idea you came up with and the finished quilt is really lovely xxx

Lynda said...

Last minute seems to be the norm for most of us. Your quilt is beautiful. Hexagons are so much work but they make such a lovely quilt.

Jossie said...

It looks lovely. I like the way you connect the different countries of the participants.

Sandi said...

Beautiful! Very creative, Gudrun.

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, thank you for taking part in the Challenge...loved how you incorporated the countries of our Challengers.....Hugs Lyn

Oddbjørg said...

Nydelig, lite teppe!
Håper alt står bra til etter vulkanutbruddet.

Rose Marie said...

Oh Gudrun ..... this is lovely!! You always add such interesting touches to your quilts!

Simone de Klerk said...

I love what you did with your Hexagon Quilt! Such a very good idea, to 'put' Lyn in the middle and then show where all the blocks went to and how friendship in blogland works.
Congratulations!!!
Have a lovely weekend.

May Kristin said...

Love your friendship garden!
What a great memory keeper!

Carole said...

What a lovely quilt! And such a great idea!

You know, I thought I was the queen of last minutes! lol You are not alone! Hugs!

le chat qui coud said...

this is so lovely!

Craft Town Fabrics said...

Very nice blog.