29.5.10

It is a big day :)

Today is a big day my friend and I have a birthdaay :) :) only an ocean and one year that are between us.
Also our countries among other Europian countries will compete tonight in the yearly Eurovision song contest which is held this year in Bærum outside of Oslo because last years number one song was from NORWAY the wonderful Alexander Rybak won with his Fairytale with a record of votes.  So cross fingers for us tonight.  Unfortunately my favorite song this year didn´t make it to the final :( it is a beautiful song performed by Anna Bergendahl from Sweden.
Also today we have election day here in Iceland for a new city council so there is a lot to do today.

18 comments:

Lynda said...

First of all....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can sure see why you liked Anna's song...it is beautiful. Hope you have a great day.

May Kristin said...

Hipp hipp hurrah for us both, Gudrun! Wish you a wonderful day! Good luck with the election, and in the Eurovision Song Contest!

Anne Ida said...

Happy birthday again :o) And best of luck with the election!!

My fingers are crossed for Hera Björk - a fabulous song, and she preforms wonderfully (I've been able to see her live a couple of times this week, lucky me!)

Hugs and stitches
xxx

Myra said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Guðrún!!! Hope you have a great day!

Thanks for the music video links! Nice voices! Great songs! What an event that EuroVision looks to be! 8-)

Best of luck with the elections up your way too...

I saw part of a program about your volcano and flooding situation out your way... Not looking good...

Take care there Guðrún!

paulette said...

Wow!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday...filled with wonderful singing and songs!! And may you cast the winning vote for whomever and whatever contest/election!! How's that for a birthday wish...now blow out your candles!! ;o)

Jossie said...

Happy Birthday Gudrun. Hope you will be terribly spoiled today!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Iceland though I won't be watching. Only have a look after counting the votes to see who is the winner.
Hope the election will turn out well!

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday, Gudrun! Hope your day turns out exactly as you dreamed. Have fun.

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday, Gudrun!
Hope you have a wonderful celebration!!!
All the best from Denmark!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gudrun, wishing you a very Happy Birthday...Hugs Lyn

Simone de Klerk said...

Hartelijk gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!!!
Such beautiful words in your post!
We watched Eurovision Song Festival yesterday. Unfortunately your favorite did not win, but Lena had a very pretty song and well preformed. My favorite however was the blond girl from the Ukraine.
I hope you had a wonderful day (O:

Carole said...

Happy belated birthday my friend! Hope your day was wonderful! Hugs!

Kim said...

Oh dear! I seem to have missed your birthday. Well, happy birthday to you! We share the same birthday month! I was on the 17th of May.

Myra said...

Just checking in here Guðrún... Hope all is well with you...

Ali Honey said...

Missing you Gudrun. Hope you are okay.

Are you quilting?

Bren said...

Thinking of you. Where have you been?? Hope you are all ok.

Myra said...

Popped by to say I am missing your visits, and posts...
I hope you are OK...

Kim said...

Hey there...it's time to get in touch with us blog friends who miss seeing your posts. :-D I am hoping to find more posts about Christmas in Iceland traditions this year.

Chookyblue...... said...

Hey Gudrun...........where are you.......missing my only Iceland bloggy friend.......