10.7.11

Summer

I am on a summer vacation now, off from work for 4 weeks, hurray, hurray...
On June the 15th my little princess got a baby sister and of course I had to make a quilt and a bag.

That is all I have done this summer :(  My goal for the next months is to work on UFO´s, as many of you  out there are doing. I do hope I will be able to do that.

We have had about two weeks of very good weather but the forecast says it will be a few rainy days here this week so we are planning a trip to the North-east side of the country for a few days :)

Now the main road around Iceland is broken since Friday when one of the rivers from Mýrdalsjökull flooded and the bridge just sailed down the river. The scientists have not yet figured out wether it was an eruption or what under the glacier that caused the flood.  I hope that there won´t be an eruption for the next few years!

At last I would like to show you pictures taken by siggiig from around Landmannalaugar which is a beautiful place in the highlands, just open during summer.








14 comments:

paulette said...

Thanks so much for sharing the photos...so beautiful and so different from where I live!! Amazing!

Chookyblue...... said...

what an amazing country you live in..........hope they can replace the bridge very soon.........

lovely quilt..........

Lynda said...

What a cute baby quilt and bag. Lucky little baby! Enjoy your vacation. What a beautiful place to live. Good to hear from you again. Hope you get a lot of work done on those unfinished projects.

Kim said...

This is just the cutest quilt and bag for your newest family member. Nice to see you are sewing and now enjoying a good vacation. Iceland is a rugged and beautiful place. Thanks for sharing photos with us. :-D

Simone de Klerk said...

Now who is the little princess who got a sister? Such a very cute quilt for a baby and what a great bag to it.
Oh oh, seeing those pictures, I know another place I definitely want to visit. I think I would do my DH a big favor with it!
Enjoy your 4 weeks off. Hope you have lots of time to relax (o:

sewkalico said...

What a gorgeous quilt!!! The landscape is amazing. Enjoy your holidays!

Rose Marie said...

Enjoy your vacation! A month off, that is awesome.

Iceland is full of surprises and beauty .... lovely photos.

Love your quilt and bag!

Myra said...

Great photos! Lovely scenery!! So different from where we live...

A wonderful baby quilt and bag gift! By the way, who is you little princes? A niece?

Anonymous said...

Hello Gudrun, enjoy your holidays....a beautiful country you live in...gorgeous gift for baby...Gudrun...tried to email you but it failed for some reason???Regards, Lyn

Hellen Sigurbjörg said...

Fallegt teppi og taska, og landlagsmyndirnar flottar líka!

Ullan tilkut said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love the quilts!!! And the photos are fantastic! I hope to see them one day! It's so nice to find a quilters around the world. My schoolfriend was from Iceland. So I have heard stories.
Have a nice day!

Share Knowledges said...

Photo shoot always great for life long remembrance. Iceland is full of surprises and beauty place. I stayed there more than 15 days and took lots of beautiful birds and animal photographs.
codigo promocional

Berglind said...

Hæ Guðrún,
ertu alveg hætt að blogga? :)
Bkv.
Berglind

Lynda said...

Hey Gudrun, haven't heard from you for awhile. Hope things are going well and all is well with you. A friend of ours stopped by to remind us of Thorrblot (I'm sure that isn't spelled right). He is in charge again this year. There are a couple of hundred people that attend each year and celebrate their Icelandic heritage. Hope you are getting lots of quilting accomplished.