This is where we were, in a "wood" not far from Akureyri. It is one of the oldest wood in Iceland (you are not allowed to laugh) but in Iceland we do not have as many trees as there are in your countries. The summer house can´t be seen
Here you can see where Reykjavík, Akureyri and Vaglaskógur are located in Iceland, picture taken from Google earth

The weather was sooooo good, there was no wind and it was sooooo hot (again you are not allowed to laugh). In the shadow it got as high as
Of course we took a trip to Akureyri and I insisted on going to the only quiltshop there (I was the only quilter on this trip). These were on display. The one to the right is designed by an Icelandic woman named Guðrún Erla
On the way "home" we saw this big ship, one of the biggest to visit Iceland this summer
It was just a lovely weekend, we laughed and chatted and just had a great time, and of course I did a little sewing, now I am doing a little bigger "little bag" made of 1 1/4 inch hexagons, I did not manage to finish so I will post a picture of it later.
Now I know who is my pincushion exchange partner it is Rose Marie I am so happy about that, I think this is so great, this is my first swap so you must understand how excited I am.
Until next time take care.
13 comments:
What a lovely trip you had and I enjoyed the pictures. I'll have to look up a conversion chart to see how hot it was there, as I don't really know how to convert C. temps ... I'm guessing it was in the 70's???? (F.) I'm glad you had a great time!
Glad your trip was good. The quilt store looked like fun. The heat, now that I could do without. I really was intrigued by your little hexagon bag. Maybe a tutorial is in order??
Glad you had a nice weekend and a trip to the quilt store. It is 21 deg C here at the moment during the day, and it is the middle of winter!
Thank you for sharing your photos, makes me feel like I came along with you! Sure could enjoy your "hot" temps now!!
It all looks very beautiful Gudrun. Lovely pics.
Please send some hot winds down to the south of Norway. I know the who live in north norway has very nice weather now. But with me it is raining raining raining. Although the old weather man (he who reads signs in nature) told it would be a very drafty summer.
Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend very much. Thank you so much for bringing us along - I enjoyed the trip, too *S*
Your trip looks very nice. I love camping too, but our days aren't nearly as long as the summer days in Iceland. You must have a wonderful time!
Wow, what a beautiful place! The weather is just right. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing photos of your trip! Beautiful scenery. Don't laugh, but it was probably warmer where you were last week than it was here in Toronto.
Glad you got back safe and sound. I love taking trips with the people in blogland. Yours was very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!!
Lovely pictures from your trip! I have been looking at the pictures of your scrap quilt as well. It looks beautiful! I will visit your blog another time too, to see how it turns out.
You must had a lovely trip. Great photos. Love to see what Iceland realy are...:-)
You hexagon bag are so fun to make, I just had to try.
Post a Comment