8.10.07

Fun, fun, fun, fun, íslenskt fun, ekta íslenskt fun

This is a song that the Icelandic band Stuðmenn sang. It is a game with words, you all know what fun means in English but if we write it in Icelandic like it is said it is fönn and means snow!

Friday when I came home from work this was waiting for me.




Karol-Ann sent it to me just because I was asking about the African fabrics. They are just wonderful, the colors on the picture are not as they are in real. These are browns just like chocolate and blue like the sea. I also got a keyring. I am so lucky.




This weekend I was trying to figure out what to do in the SSCS and first I did this but I am not at all satisfied with the work on it.




So I tried this pattern, and I am satisfied with how it turned out except for the fabrics I used they are to busy but I knew that when I began, so tomorrow I am going to buy some fabric and use this pattern.





Then I decided it was time to do something on my scrappy WIP. I began this summer but wasn´t so happy about it so I put it away but it bothers me when I have unfinished projects waiting. It is different with DJ and the hexagons, that is something I know is going to take a long time but other things I start I have to finish so I guess I am stuck with it for a while.





Until next time take care.

10 comments:

Carole said...

Oh...... what a nice gift! You blocks are looking lovely. I'm not understanding what you don't like about the first ones (red and black). They are nice! Geeezz, stick around and you'll learn to be comfortable with many UFO or WIPS! LOL Have a great week!

May Britt said...

Why are you not satisfied with your red blocks. They are beautiful and I think they will make a georgius quilt. I could see quilted hearts r something else in the black spaces. Your last pile of blocks looks interesting. I love curved blocks. Could you please put some of them together and post a photo so I could see how the pattern will be :) Please :)
Have a nice day.

Anne Ida said...

I have to agree with Carole and May-Britt - the red blocks are so pretty! Why are you not happy with them? The gift from Karol-Ann is lovely! And I really look forward to see how your scrappy quilt comes along :o)
HAve a great day! Hugs!

meggie said...

What a lovely gift you have recieved! Those fabrics are just beautiful.
I love those blocks you have- specially the last ones you showed us!

Chookyblue...... said...

decisions decisions........I think is all looks good........

May Kristin said...

I like it all, so I guess it is up to you to decide! Good luck with your decision, and please show us the finishes!
Take care!

Elaine Adair said...

Regarding the unfinished blocks (the last photo) - I made an entire border using those blocks. They are soooo versatile, using different colorations, values. I feel like a wizard learning to use them for a project I did, and I can't wait to see what YOURs is going to develop into.

Elaine Adair said...

And by the way ... what's wrong with those first blocks? They're very nice. Sometimes we just get tired looking at our own blocks, but when they are actually finished, then we LOVE them.

Rose Marie said...

You are way too hard on yourself ... those red blocks look great and will make a pretty mini quilt! And your other blocks are great too. Lovely gift your received.

JoAnna said...

Is it snowing in Iceland?? I love the two rows of your scrappy quilt. It's going to be very lovely when you are done.