At last I would like to show you a picture which I took last night just two minutes before midnight. It is taken to the north from my house and the sun has just gone behind the mountain that acts like a wind shield to us :)
14.6.07
A BIG thank you
Thank you all who stopped by and left a comment. Wow I never expected there would be so many welcoming me. I am also very proud that so many of you would like to learn a little about my country. I also find it very interesting to learn about your daily life in other countries and of course about your countries as well. The internet sure has made the world a much smaller place to live in. Now it is common to order things on the net from around the world, you don´t have to shop where you live. I shop a lot of my fabrics and notions from the USA, it turns out to be cheaper although I have to pay for the postage and customs here in Iceland :(
At last I would like to show you a picture which I took last night just two minutes before midnight. It is taken to the north from my house and the sun has just gone behind the mountain that acts like a wind shield to us :)
At last I would like to show you a picture which I took last night just two minutes before midnight. It is taken to the north from my house and the sun has just gone behind the mountain that acts like a wind shield to us :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
that is amazing........summer is our longest days here in Australia and it is never anywhere that late.....we are just about at out shortest day of the year and cold ...although it is probably hot compared to Iceland.....
What a beautiful picture. I love learning about other countries too and I will admit I know very little about Iceland. I look forward to learning more from you. Bren
Welsome and what beautiful pictures. I llok forward to getting to know you through your blog.
I've been having fun posting my 'middle of the night light' pictures on my blog, too! Looks like we're almost at the same lattitude!
Midnight! I'm so far south that the daylight is always gone before 8 p.m. What a lovely view.
How fantastic! I can't help but wonder how hard it must be to go to sleep...and how dark it must be in the depths of winter!
Lovely picture of midnight!! Looking forward to getting to know you!
Gosh, that brings back memories for my husband and I when we travelled Alaska in June about 10 yrs. ago. We were out doing touristy things around 1 a.m. and had plenty of time to snap photos (and we didn't need a flash) before we had to head out to the airport to catch our plane. It sure was land of the midnight sun.
How nice to see that photo of your midnight! Almost like my morning one today, taken about 6.30 am!
It is very interesting to learn of other distant lands- now they are not so distant with the internet!
Wow! Two minutes before midnight. Beautiful! (I'm fast asleep by that time... I would definitely have to have dark curtains!) ha!
Hi Gudrun, it is fantastic! Thank you for the picture, beautiful :))) ciao from Italy
Your country is fascinating. I have always wished to go there.
Th days are quite short where i live, because I am on the opposite side of the world. Can you see the Northern lights in the summer or only the winter?
Post a Comment