I have been browsing the net and reading some of the quilters blogs and my oh my it is so inspiring, I am trying to be as creative as you but some days I don´t do a thing but that is just because my work gets in the way :) Yesterday I commented on a May Britt´s blog and got a reply today, then I got Quiltemagasinet in the post so this must be the day to start my own blog. I hope I will make some new quilting friends over the world.
I took this week off at work and am enjoying the sun, yes the sun, it sometimes shines here in my northern country and this is the best part of the year when it is bright both day and night, those of you who live in Northern Norway must know what I mean. I love to be awake in the middle of the night and listen to the birds sing, no traffic noise just the birds and me.
The picture is of a blanket I recently finished and is for the newest baby in the family.
32 comments:
How fun. You started a blog. I agree with the sun. I lived in north-norway for 18 years and I miss the midnightsun. I even miss the winter when it was dark all the time.
Your blue and white quilt is beautiful. A iclandquilt, white for the ice and blue for the clear sky.
Looking forward to visit iceland sometime. Definitively in 2012 when NQT is having their quilt convencion there. Icland is one of my favorite want to visit countries.
Hello! Thought I's leave a message saying welcome here as well! I really hope you'll have lots of fun blogging!
Your blue and white quilt is lovely! Perfect for a baby :o)
I still dream about my visit to Vírka in Reykjavík in 2001 (I think it was...) - does the shop still exist? Is it still as lovely as it was then?
Gudrun, WELCOME to blogland!
I love your baby quilt, it's lovely.
I was awakened last night by the sounds of wild coyote's barking and howling!
8^)
Quilting Fitzy
www.quiltingfitzy.blogspot.com
Oh the baby quilt is so sweet! I love tradtional looks the best! Welcome to blogland, you will be so inspired and awed by all these ladies! And May Britt is sooo sweet, you will love becoming friends with her. Also don't forget to share about your country - I love learning all about everyone countries as well as their quilting. It makes the world so much smaller!
Welcome to the land of blog.... Love your blue and white quilt, just perfect for a baby. As one of the other ladies mentioned, I do hope you'll share with us some information about your country.
Hello! Welcome to quilt blogging! I was in Reykjavik in November and had a lovely time. The short days facsinated me and I took lots of photos of the mid-day sun that looked like sunrise here in DC.
Your baby quilt is adorable -- such a sweet photo on the rocking chair!
Welcome to blogland! One word of caution, it's addictive! lol I have met such wonderful souls, people I would never otherwised crossed path. You'll find so much inspiration! I just love it! Your quilt is beautiful! Glad you are able to enjoy the quietness in the middle of the night. It reminds me of a trip I tood once across Canada. I stopped in Manitoba and was in a field of wheat, no traffic, nada! It was really the first time I heard the wind! I can relate to your evening solitude! Keep well and happy quilting!
Gudrun - welcome to Blogland - I love your baby quilt - pale blue and white always looks so clean and fresh
Welcome to blogging, Gudrun! Certainly enjoying the light here on the west coast of Finland, too!
Welcome to blogging Guðrún!
Your blue and white quilt is lovely!
See you soon.
Hello Gudrun, welcome to blogland! That blanket is beautiful.
Wellcome from ulla in the north of Sweden
Welcome to blogland, Gudrun!! Lovely baby quilt!
I'm so glad to see you have decided to begin a blog. It will be fun to see more of your beautiful quilts - like the precious baby one *s* and also to learn more about Iceland. Welcome . . . glad you are here.
I came over here via May Britt. Welcome to blogland new friend!!!
dawn
It's good to see a new blogger - I came from May Britt .... she told us to come and welcome you - LOL.
What a lovely blue and white quilt. I do hope that you'll share some of what life is like in Iceland - I like to learn about where everyone lives.
Welcome to the world of blogging. From the number of comments looks like you are getting off to a great start. :-D
Very nice baby quilt.
Welcome Gudrun, Beautiful baby quilt! I'm sure you are going to meet people from all over the world--that's the fun of blogland.
How fun to know you are starting up in blogland! I, too, was referred to your blog from MayBritt's suggestion and am so happy to "find you"! My friend visited Iceland 18 months ago and loved every minute of the visit.
Happy Blogging and Happy Quilting!
Welcome to the land of bloggers from "Down Under in Australia"!
Your blue & white quilt is lovely.
The new baby is sure to love it.
Hi, Gudrun !
Welcome to Blogland ! You're going to have great fun and great friends, here !
I love your baby quilt, the deep bright blue is such a nice color ! Lucky baby !
Enjoy the sun and your week off work !
Smiles from Belgium,
NADINE
Your quilt is beautiful! Blue and white is wonderful. I don't know very much about Iceland and it will be fun to learn more from you!
welcome.....you have jumped into a whole new world of imaginary friends and they are great...looking forward to your sewing and a little of life in Iceland......Oh so different to Australia........
Welcome, Gudrun.......Earlier to day I sent some time with my son looking at photos he hade taken in Reykjavik some weeks ago..
Welcome to the world of blogs! I love your blue and white quilt for the baby. Very appropriate for a baby, and for Iceland! I look forward to seeing more of your work, and maybe a few pics of Iceland sometimes, too!
Welcome to blogland ... it is such fun!
Your baby quilt is sweet and we look forward to seeing what else you will be doing.
Welcome to blogland!!! It's a wonderful place. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends and soon be totally addicted,lol.
Love the shade of blue in your quilt.
So fun to meet new quilting friends! I am new to blogland too. Thank you for posting on my page and making me feel welcome. The baby quilt is wonderful! :) Bren
Welcome Gudrun! I never saw the midnightsun but I hope to visit Iceland one day,in the meantime thank you for sharing the photos
Hello Gudrun !! Nice to meet you . Hugs from Chile , Vero
Nice to meet you!! Love your blog!
Welcome to Blogland. Looking forward to seeing photos of your quilts.
Post a Comment