Well yulelad number two is called Giljagaur which means Gully oaf, all he wanted was to get to the cowshed and skim the froth off the pails of the milk
You know, I read a children's book that had Yulelads, although the author didn't call them that. One was after the cow's milk. Very interesting! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about them!
I like your little yulelads, Gudrun. Today my little one (age 4) was in a play at his school where they talked about different Christmas traditions around the world, including Iceland, so they did a little sketch with the 13 Santas leaving presents in the children's shoes - and some of them got potatoes. It was sweet - and very interesting.
6 comments:
This is just so interesting. I love your Christmas traditions!
Kristie
He has such sweet, rosy cheeks. And I suppose there's really no harm in skimming a little milk froth *s*
How fun to learn about your Christmas traditions.Your Yulelads looks so great.I think it is so fun with all the different ways to celebrate Christmas.
You know, I read a children's book that had Yulelads, although the author didn't call them that. One was after the cow's milk. Very interesting! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about them!
I like your little yulelads, Gudrun. Today my little one (age 4) was in a play at his school where they talked about different Christmas traditions around the world, including Iceland, so they did a little sketch with the 13 Santas leaving presents in the children's shoes - and some of them got potatoes. It was sweet - and very interesting.
Both yulelads looking great! I love the stories behind them!
Post a Comment