The last one is Kertasníkir, he is the one that tries to steal candles. Today it is a tradition to put candles in your shoe in the window for him and then he will give you a bigger gift than the others.
I managed to finish the table topper, I got a magazine from Connie together with the SSCS gift and in it was this project, I fell for the stars and decided to use them.
26 comments:
Thank you Gudrun for all the wonderful stories about the 13yulelads, I loved reading them! I wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a happy new year also.
I loved your stories about the naughty guys!!!! Your stars are beautiful!! What magazine is that??
Oh, and I almost forgot...Merry Merry Charistmas!!
I enjoy your blog so much. The stars look so pretty. Merry Christmas wishes and will 'see' you in 2008! CW
I love your table topper! It is beautiful! I am so glad that I have gotten to know you. You are a very special person!
Kristie
That table topper is beautiful! Nice work! Thank you for all the yulelad stories. I loved reading your blog daily to learn a bit about the Christmas traditions of Iceland. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family!
Beautiful stars Gudrun. Happy Christmas to you and your family.
Thankyou for your Good Wishes.
I am glad I know someone nice in Iceland. Season's Greetings Gudrun. Get that canle in your shoe! Enjoy.
PS, that tree in your Header is beautiful!
I loved the stories about the naughty yulelads. Thanks for sharing this lovely tradition. Merry Christmas for you and your family.
Merry Christmas !! Put a candle in your shoes !! Vero
Guðrún, Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones! Thank you for taking the time to write about your yulelads! I truly enjoyed reading about your culture. Your table topper looks beautiful! Keep well my friend!
Thank you so much for sharing the Yulelads and their stories . . . it's so fun to learn traditions from all around the world. I enjoyed each of them - even if they are a bit naughty *s* I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!
*please, now tell us about that doggy in the banner *s*
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU, Gudrun !
Heartfully,
NADINE
Merry Christmas. God Jul.
Tanks for all the stories. Have a nice hollyday.
Those starts look fantastic...and very quickly made!
I enjoyed your Yuletides, just as I am enjoying the wonderful table runner I received in the SSCS from you....thanks again. Your present was beautiful as well, Tracey
Thanks for sharing all your yulelads with us - it's been fun seeing them. Happy Holidays to you.
Ciao,have a great Christmas days and creative e wonderful 2008!
Just love your table topper, Happy New Year....
Thankyou for your posts about the Yulelads. Those stars are lovely!
Best Wishes for 2008 for you.
I wish you some light!
I cannot imagine living without fresh fruit & vegetables. Or gardens.
Well .... those yulelads are quite interesting and now it's time to put them away for another year before they try and steal some food! The table topper is gorgeous and you finished it in time to enjoy it now. Wishing you all the best this holiday season!
What a beautiful tabel runner. I just stopped by to wish you Happy New Year and I hope 2008 will be a great quiltingyear for you. Thanks for all the nice comments on my blogg.
I will concider to use english in some of my comments next year. Though my english is not perfect....
Sorry I made the same comment twice.....
Gudrun, I also enjoyed your Yulelad stories. I learn so much from reading my blogs. Your tabletopper is very beautiful. The last few times I have replied to your comments on my blog, I get a message telling me they can't deliver my reply. Are you getting them? Wishing you a Happy New Year!
Your dog is a handsome boy showing off in your blog title! I noticed that you mimicked the design from your quilt fabric in the machine quilting that you did. Nice touch to the quilt.
I will miss the Yulelads now that they are heading out until next year! Thanks for sharing the stories with us.
What a lovely quilt -- those stars are fantastic! Merry Christmas (late) and Happy New Year (not nearly as late)! May your new year bring you much love, joy and laughter with plenty of time to stitch!
Post a Comment